(Contract) Sr. Accountant
Reporting to the Director, Accounting this contract position will play a pivotal role in leading and supporting several strategic initiatives. Responsibilities will include performing financial reporting variance analyses, data reconciliation and month-end close procedures.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Performing analytical review procedures of financial results
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations for areas including accounts payable, accrued expenses and equity
- Assists in performing monthly close in accordance with policies and procedures
- Adheres to deadlines for related areas to ensure timely and accurate accounting close
- Assists in special projects related to financial systems and business processes
- Monitors assigned areas for process improvements
- Provides schedules to support periodic review and annual audit process
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS degree in Accounting and 5+ years of relevant accounting experience (Biotech industry experience preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical and accounting skills; thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of information systems (SAP preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to link data and create complex worksheets)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Passion for learning and helping others
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.