(Contract) Manufacturing Associate, 2nd Shift
Moderna is seeking a Manufacturing Associate position based at to our new GMP Manufacturing site in Norwood, MA.
The individual in this role will be part of a cohesive team responsible for producing high quality mRNA-based medicines for evaluation in human clinical trials. He/she will apply existing and new knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and cGMPs to enable technical success with stringent adherence to a Quality System that respects global regulatory expectations. The successful candidate will be able to document and communicate their technical and operational observations clearly and efficiently. They will be able to operate pilot-scale bioprocessing equipment and interact fluidly with peers and supervisors in the Pilot Plant, and cross-functionally with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Logistical and Process Development Technology Transfer counterparts.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Be a consistent contributor, under the guidance of a shift leader.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of standard laboratory practices and equipment.
- Strict adherence to current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing documentation. Establish and follow written procedures for the clear and accurate documentation of equipment operation and process instructions, and of process data.
- Monitor process operations to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Complete tasks in support of large scale manufacturing, including in the care of high-value capital equipment, such as pilot-scale chromatography systems.
- Assist in the investigation of procedural deviations.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Moderna's safety procedures and guidelines.
- Utilize knowledge to improve operational efficiency.
- Adhere to Pilot Plant gowning procedures and maintain a clean general operating area.
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations.
Here's What You'll Bring To The Table
- Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of experience in a GMP manufacturing environment.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.