Senior Research Scientist (Molecular and Cell Biology)
The Feng Laboratory at the University of California, San Francisco is seeking to recruit an outstanding candidate to fill a Senior Research Scientist position. The ideal candidate will be able to independently develop, guide, and complete research projects and train lab personnel.
Research in the Feng Lab focuses on (1) identifying molecular drivers of prostate cancer pathogenesis, (2) understanding the mechanisms that contribute to disease progression and metastasis, and (3) developing novel therapeutic strategies. Our lab utilizes cancer genomics, cell biology, CRISPR screening, and mouse modeling approaches to answer fundamental questions underlying prostate cancer biology, with the goal of translating discoveries from the lab into the clinic.
Recently, we performed a whole-genome and whole-transcriptome analysis of 101 castration-resistant prostate cancer metastases and published in the journal Cell (PMID: 30033370, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.06.039). This study identified associations between distinct DNA repair alterations and classes of structural variants, enhancer amplifications that drive common oncogenes, and novel gene fusions involving coding and noncoding genes.
We work collaboratively with basic scientists, computational biologists, pathologists, and oncologists at the UCSF Helen Diller Cancer Center. Please refer to fenglaboratory.com for additional details.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working independently and collaboratively to develop and complete research projects.
- Training lab members, including guiding and troubleshooting experiments for PhD students, postdocs, and laboratory staff.
- Assisting with the development of grant proposals.
- Possess a PhD degree or equivalent research experience.
- Applicants need to be self-motivated, fast learners, critical thinkers, and enthusiastic about science and medicine.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong ability to problem solve and troubleshoot experiments.
- At least 2 years of experience working with mammalian cell lines in culture.
- Experience performing basic molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning, nucleic acid isolation, PCR, and protein expression analysis.
- Postdoctoral training with expertise in cancer biology.
- Experience culturing primary human organoids.
- Experience performing gene transfer studies using lentiviral infection of human cell cultures.
- Experience performing knock-down experiments using shRNA lentiviral infection and CRISPR-based techniques.
- Experience managing mouse colonies and conducting xenograft studies in mice.
Apply for Senior Research Scientist (Molecular and Cell Biology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly