(Contract) Research Associate, Delivery Innovation
The Research Associate will work closely with the Delivery Innovation and Production Science and Technology (PS&T) teams to manufacture lipid nanoparticles (LNPs). Novel LNPs will be manufactured in a high-throughput manner and screened for lead candidates to advance. The Research Associate will have a unique opportunity to work in both a research and production environment, utilizing state-of-the-art automation to enable manufacture.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Prepare raw material mixes for nanoparticle synthesis, and maintain registry in informatics database
- Manufacture LNPs using automated platform to support in vitro and in vivo studies
- Perform biophysical and chemical characterization of LNPs, including particle size, mRNA encapsulation, mRNA integrity, and storage stability
- Generate weekly production data reports for review by larger team consisting of chemists, engineers, and formulation scientists
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS/BA in Chemistry, Biology, or Engineering with 0-2 years in Biotech, Pharma, or CRO/CMO
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detail oriented and can perform technical duties following standard operating procedures to ensure highest quality of product
- Flexibility/adaptability to change
- Proficiency in Excel and JMP preferred
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.