Shanghai General Hospital Sincerely Invites Outstanding Domestic and Overseas Scientific Researchers
I. About Us
Since March 1, 1864, Shanghai General Hospital was established to be affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University. It is a research-oriented tertiary general hospital with comprehensive development in medical treatment, teaching, research and prominent subject characteristics. Our hospital covers an area of 295,000㎡, with more than 4,000 employees at present, including 67 doctoral advisors and 146 master advisors. And there are 2,458 beds available, 68 level-3 clinical and medical technology subjects.
Our hospital has strong technical strength with famous experts gathered here. Our cardiology is a key subject named by the Ministry of Education; our ophthalmology, otolaryngology, pneumology, urinary surgery, general surgery, oncology, gynecology and clinical pharmacology are national key clinical specialties. We also have several research institutes and key laboratories at the municipal level in Shanghai. In the meantime, ophthalmology and urinary surgery are our hospital’s top subjects; gastroenterology, orthopedics and hematology are our hospital’s “peak subjects”; pathology, clinical pharmacology, respiratory medicine, otolaryngology, head and neck surgery, cardiology, anesthesiology, oncology, emergency critical care, as well as gynecology and obstetrics are our hospital’s “plateau subjects”. In 2017, our hospital had 63 projects supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, including one key project, two major projects funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology, one project in the National Key R&D Program, etc.
II. Recruitment and Basic Requirements
The full-time research team to be recruited by our hospital is mainly composed of Principal Investigators (PI), Co-Principal Investigators (Co-PI), Research Assistants, Technicians, and Lecture PIs.
(I) Principal Investigator (PI)
1. Have a PhD, below the age of 50, have active research thinking, dedication spirit in scientific research and team spirit, can actively assist principal scientists or academic leaders to manage the research team and complete various research tasks;
2. Have the title of master advisor or associate professor or a Ph.D. from a famous medical school overseas;
3. Have published two or more SCI papers with no less than 8 points (including one with no less than 10 points) of Impact Factor as the first author in the past five years;
(II) Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI)
1. Have a PhD, below the age of 45, have active research thinking, solid biomedical knowledge and strong operational ability in experiments, can actively assist the PI to carry out subject study and instruct postgraduates in experiments;
2. Have a PhD from a first-rate medical school or research institute at home and abroad with the major of life sciences;
3. Have published at least one SCI paper with no less than 5 points of Impact Factor as the first author in the past three years;
(III) Research Assistant
1. Have a PhD, below the age of 40, have active research thinking, solid biomedical knowledge and strong operational ability in experiments, can actively assist the PI and Co-PI to carry out subject study and instruct postgraduates in experiments;
2. Have a PhD in biomedicine; graduates from foreign universities or Project 985/Project 211 universities in China are preferred;
3. Have published at least one SCI paper as the first author in the past three years;
1. Have a master’s degree or above, below the age of 35, have solid biomedical knowledge and strong operational ability in experiments, can actively assist the PI and Co-PI to carry out subject study and instruct postgraduates in experiments;
2. Have a master's degree in biomedicine or above;
3. Have published at least one paper in SCI or Chinese core periodicals as a top five author in the past three years;
(V) Lecture PI
1. Have a PhD, below the age of 55, have the title of doctoral advisor or professor, or a title above associate professor in a famous foreign medical school or research institute;
2. Have a definite research direction and area, have international academic influence in this research area, as well as have papers on this research area published in top international academic periodicals in the past five years as the first author or corresponding author;
3.Have undertaken major national key research fund projects in China or other countries with advanced scientific research in the past five years, such as projects in the National Basic Research Program (973 Program) of China, the National Natural Science Foundation of China or the RO1 of the USA, etc.
III. Research Directions
Basic research on retinal diseases, macula diseases, complicated cataracts, refractive errors.
(II) Urinary Surgery
1. Tumor onset, metastasis regulatory mechanisms or tumor immunology;
2. Prostate cancer research, focusing on stromal cells and stem cells, as well as androgen receptors;
3. Acute and chronic renal injuries, lithogenesis, intestinal microecology;
5. Transplantation immunology.
1. Basic research on pancreas, gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases;
2. Translational research on fecal microbiota transplantation in the treatment of digestive diseases.
Research on bone tumors, bone development and biomaterials.
Research on transplantation immunology, leukemia stem cells, molecular mechanisms of blood tumors.
Research on respiratory medicine or immune regulation.
1. Basic research on cardiac electrophysiology or arrhythmia;
2. Basic research on arrhythmia or atherosclerosis.
Basic research on tumors.
(IX) Gynaecology and Obstetrics
1. Clinical and basic research on lipid metabolism of gestational diabetes;
2. Basic research on gynecological and obstetric diseases.
(X) Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery
Basic research on stem cells, tumor immunology, tumor microenvironment, tumor metabolism or head and neck tumors.
(XI) Emergency Critical Care
1. Research on sepsis;
2. Research on acute lung injury and other acute diseases.
1. Regulatory mechanisms of sensations of pain and itch;
2. Basic research on immunology and pain.
1. Research on the application and mechanisms of new technologies in disease diagnosis and treatment;
2. Research on the development of diseases, as well as the application of new technologies in tumor diagnosis and treatment, including relevant mechanisms.
(XIV) Clinical Pharmacology
Translational research on the rational clinical use of medicines.
(I) Remuneration: in accordance with “Shanghai General Hospital’s Management Rules for the Construction of Full-time Research Team”, successful applicants will receive competitive remuneration and enjoy our hospital’s relevant research rewards; treatment in other aspects shall be discussed in the face-to-face interview.
(II) Research Facilities: our hospital will provide good lab conditions and adequate funding for scientific research.
(III) Our hospital will provide all kinds of social insurance and housing provident fund, and handle residence registration according to Shanghai’s regulations.
V. Application Materials
1. A resume (including educational background since high school, work experiences, research experiences and academic achievements);
2. The full texts of representative papers, a photocopy of the graduation certificate and degree certificate;
3. Research proposals.
Applicants who meet the above requirements shall send the application materials to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be “Application for XX Department’s XX Position-Applicant’s Name”. Contact Person: Dr. Wan; Contact Number: +86-021-36126305; Address: 86 Wujin Road, Shanghai.
Apply for Shanghai General Hospital Sincerely Invites Outstanding Domestic and Overseas Scientific Researchers
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly