Assistant Professorship in translational complementary medicine (non-tenure track) 5 years, startin
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Faculty of Science of the University of Basel is looking for a distinguished scientist who is interested in building up research and teaching capacity in the field of complementary medicine. Your position The candidate is expected to
- establish a successful research program focused on current topics in complementary medicine and pharmacy, including - but not restricted to - research on mechanism of action, efficacy und effectiveness of drug therapies in complementary medicine, and/or on pharmaceutical aspects of such drugs including galenics, analytics, stability or safety of complementary drugs.
- be committed to stringent scientific criteria when conducting research in a competitive scientific environment at an internationally renowned and ambitious University
- actively collaborate with colleagues in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and in the Faculty of Medicine, and participate in joint research projects within and outside the University of Basel.
- play an active role in acquiring extramural funding and in promoting scientific results.
- have teaching experience to lead graduate level courses, mainly in the Master in Pharmacy program (preferably in German), and to supervise Master theses.
- develop the field of complementary medicine, both in research and teaching, at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (http://www.pharma.unibas.ch/).
Your profile The candidate is a distinguished scientist with a Master degree in pharmacy, other natural sciences (such as biology, chemistry, or physics), or medicine, with a PhD and with postdoctoral research experience in the field of European complementary medicine. He or she has preferably undergone further training in an area of complementary medicine, such as anthroposophic pharmacy or anthroposophic medicine. We offer you The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University of Basel is located in one of the global innovation centers for drug discovery and biotechnology, thereby providing unique opportunities for strong scientific collaborations. It hosts research groups covering a wide range of drug sciences, community/clinical pharmacy and clinical pharmacology, and offers access to state-of-the-art technologies. The city of Basel is home to a vibrant international scientific community and provides a high standard of living. The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. Application / Contact Application including a motivation letter, CV, research plan and teaching statement, should be sent by September 30, 2018 as a single PDF document to Prof. Dr. Martin Spiess, Dean, Faculty of Science, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 50, 4056 Basel, Switzerland, e-mail: email@example.com. Please address requests for further information to the Department Head Prof. Dr. Christoph R. Meier (firstname.lastname@example.org).