(Contract) Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Development, mRNA and enzyme characterization
Moderna is seeking a Senior/Principal Research Associate for a contractor position based at their Cambridge, MA site. The individual in this role will be a highly skilled, talented and motivated scientist that will be focused on mRNA characterization and development of raw materials release methods. He/she will participate in performing biophysical characterization (UV/TM, DSC, CD and LC/MS) of mRNA, kinetic analysis of mRNA, enzyme kinetic studies and qPCR. The individual will work with other RAs and Scientists within the Analytical Development and across the Moderna ecosystem. The successful candidate must have a BS with at least 5 years of industry experience, or MS with at least 3 years of industry experience (Analytical, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science) developing and performing analytical, biochemical, molecular, biophysical and cellular assays.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Preparation of samples for characterization studies
- Performing UV/Tm, DSC and CD analysis on mRNA
- Performing kinetic analysis of RNA degradation
- Performing qPCR
- Performing SDS PAGE and western blot analysis
- Performing HPLC analysis of enzymes/proteins
- Accountable for project success and results delivery
- Record and communicate findings
- Presentation of results at internal meetings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS with at least 5 years of industry experience, or MS with at least 3 years of industry experience (Analytical, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science),
- Experience in performing biophysical characterization of biologics (UV/TM, DSC and CD)
- Experience in performing kinetic studies
- Experience with HPLCs and CE
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.