Assistant Research Scientist – Molecular Biologist
Perform molecular biology experiments in the laboratory.
- Molecular biology (isolate nucleic acids, perform qRT-PCR, western blots, transfection, transduction of cells, execute cellular assays for oncogenic functions)
- Tissue and specimen collection, preservation and cataloguing
- Cell culture (routine maintenance of cell lines and verification, preparation and propagation of primary cultures, collection and processing of cells and culture media for analyses)
- Microbiology (maintenance of anaerobic bacterial cultures)
Animal handling and behavioral studies
- Perform behavioral experiments in the laboratory (e.g., acclimatizing mice prior to behavioral testing, behavioral testing of animals, as well as anesthetize, euthanize and prepare animals for dissection)
- Mouse breeding – maintain colonies of genetically engineered mice
Adhere to infection control procedures.
Observe all procedures and standards, ensuring safety of faculty and staff and safe use of equipment.
Maintain inventory, order laboratory supplies and reagents.
Prepare required documents for Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee applications for various protocols.
Record, analyze and format data in the lab.
Maintain cleanliness of work area and quality and safety standards; ensure disposal of hazardous and infectious materials.