“Jinan Double Hundred Talents Plan” Recruiting Members Of the “Thousand Young Talents Program”
Jinan University (JNU) is one of China's "One Hundred Key Universities of 21st Century"(the “211 Project”). As the first university established by the State for overseas Chinese students, JNU currently has the largest number of overseas and foreign students and is honored as the “top university for overseas Chinese”. Abiding by the motto of “loyalty, sincerity, integrity and respect”, the university is committed to cultivating talents with the excellent traditional Chinese moralities and culture. JNU was selected to the “High-level University Construction Program” by Guangdong provincial government In Jun 2015 and was selected to participate in the National “Double-First Class” initiative of first-class disciplines construction by Ministry of Education of PRC in Sep 2017. So far, disciplines of JNU including engineering science, chemistry, clinical medicine, pharmacology & toxicology, materials science, biology & biochemistry, agriculture science, environmental science / ecology have ranked the top 1% of ESI.
Disciplines Open for Recruitment
Pharmaceutical science, science of chinese pharmacology, biology, biomedical engineering, basic medicine, clinical medicine, chinese medicine, integrative medicine, stomatology, public health and preventive medicine, nursing, ecology, environmental science and engineering, chemistry, physics, food science and engineering, materials science and engineering, mechanics, civil engineering, architecture, optical engineering, computer science and technology, information and communication engineering, electronic science and technology, cyberspace security, software engineering, mathematics, electrical engineering, journalism, philosophy, chinese language and literature, chinese history, world history, foreign language and literature, theoretical economics, applied economics, business management, management science and engineering, public administration, psychology, law, politics (international relations), marxist theory, art, physical science and so on.
1.Members of the “Thousand Young Talents Program”.
2.Candidates of the “Thousand Young Talents Program” (candidates of the discipline of finance not included). Applicants should meet the following requirements:
(1)Applicants whose research fields are in natural science and engineering technology should be under 40 years old (up to June.1 of the year of application, the same below);
(2)Applicants should have acquired a doctoral degree, and have over 36 months’ running overseas research and working experience (not including working experience abroad with employment relations remained in China).
(3)Generally, applicants should not have a full-time position in China at the time of application. However, if applicants are already holding a position in China, it should be less than one year that they returned from abroad.
(4)Once employed，applicants should work full time at least 3 years in China .
Package of Salary & Benefits
JNU will provide recruited members and candidates of “Thousand Young Talents Program” with a competitive package of salary and benefits based on the job position.
1.For members of “Thousand Young Talents Program”:
(1) Salary: no less than ￥500,000 per year(pre-tax).
(2) Supporting funds for research: ￥1,000,000-3,000,000. Encourage the application of the Guangdong Innovation Team for the introduction of planned projects (5-7 team members, 20 million research funds).
(3) Housing/settling allowance: no less than ￥2,000,000(pre-tax). Another set of lake view elevator turnover room on campus for rent.
(4) Recruited members will be directly employed as a senior professional.
(5) Recruited members will have the priority to recruit PhD students, post-doctors and research assistants.
(6) The university will provide applicants assistance in their children’s entry into kindergarten, primary school and middle school in Guangzhou.
(7) Members will enjoy the one-stop service for high-level talents.
(8) The university will provide a job for the spouse of members.
(9) Each new recruit is entitled to a central finance subsidy of￥500,000and a research fund ranging from ￥1,000,000 to ￥3,000,000, which, once ratified, will be allocated according to schedule. The Guangdong provincial finance will also grant the recruit a living allowance of ￥250,000 and a supportive fund of ￥500, 000.
2.Candidates having successfully passed the university review process can sign an employment contract of intent, and apply for the “Thousand Young Talents Program” membership in the name of Jinan University. Candidates who have entered into the defense session are entitled to the following salary and benefits:
(1)Salary: no less than ￥400,000 per year(pre-tax).
(2)Supporting funds for research: no less than￥1,000,000. Encourage the application of the Guangdong Innovation Team for the introduction of planned projects (5-7 team members, 20 million research funds).
(3)Housing/settling allowance: no less than ￥1,000,000(pre-tax). Another set of lake view elevator turnover room on campus for rent if well-off.
(4)Recruited members will have the priority to recruit PhD students and research assistants.
(5)The university will provide applicants assistance in their children’s entry into kindergarten, primary school and middle school in Guangzhou.
(6)Recruited members will enjoy the one-stop service for high-level talents.
(7)If recruited members are enrolled into the “Thousand Talents Program”, they are entitled to all the pay and benefits offered by the university to members of this program.
Materials to be Submitted for Application:
- One copy of CV;
- The full text of two representative papers;
Home page of Personnel Department, Jinan University (https://hrdam.jnu.edu.cn/)
Tel: 0086-20-85227283 (fax available), 0086-20-85223525
Contacts: Mr. Tong, Mr. Liu
Address: No. 601, Huangpu Avenue West, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PRC
Post Code: 510632