PhD Excellence Fellowships
The PhD School "Quantum Computing and Quantum Technologies" (QCQT) of the Physics Department (https://physik.unibas.ch/), University of Basel, is announcing several PhD excellence fellowships. We are looking for outstanding candidates with MSc degree in quantum science (or related field). Applications are accepted at any time throughout the year; the selection committee will evaluate candidates and award fellowships four times per year, the next deadline is set for August 31st. The Excellence Fellowships provide full funding for up to four years to complete a PhD thesis. The official language of the PhD School program is English.
The QCQT PhD school brings together over 13 research groups from both theoretical and experimental quantum science and quantum technology at the University of Basel and EUCOR -- the European campus. Together, we are offering an excellent graduate program covering basic courses, advances seminars, summer/winter schools and workshops, performing research at the forefront of quantum science and quantum technology. Further, the program also provides soft skill courses, industry contacts, and an international, interdisciplinary and thriving environment in strong exchange with partner programs and centers such as the NCCR QSIT. We are aiming at attracting outstanding PhD students from in- and outside of Switzerland and providing training at the forefront of QCQT research.
The main areas of research are quantum computing, quantum measurements, spintronics and quantum magnonics, quantum sensing, quantum optics and cold atoms, quantum transport and nanoelectronics, topological properties of condensed matter systems, and quantum communication. To learn more about each of our research groups please visit our website (https://phdschoolqcqt.unibas.ch/en/people/).
To apply for an excellence fellowship, submit the following via the online-portal (https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/9444)
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts MSc, BSc, diplomas etc. with grades, from all relevant institutions of higher education (all in English or German).
- Statement of objectives/motivational letter. A short statement of your research interests and how they relate to the work of our department. To increase your chances to be accepted to the PhD school, we encourage you to contact one of the professors of our department and secure their support for your application.
- List of publications, if available.
- One to three recommendation letters. The referees should upload their recommendation letters directly to the portal. It is your responsibility to contact your referees and to check that the recommendation letters are uploaded before the deadline.
- Masters thesis if already available (pdf)