Faculty Positions in School of Physics and Astronomy
The School of Physics and Astronomy is dedicated to developing distinctive frontier research relying on Shanghai Jiaotong University’s comprehensive discipline advantage. The school is guided by the country’s major strategic needs in the areas of physics, astronomy, and multiple cross-disciplinary areas, with the aim of cultivating top-notch innovative talents and solving important scientific problems, and with the principle of “openness, promotion, cooperation, and coordination”.
Tenure-track Associate Professor / Tenure-track Assistant Professor
1. First-level Discipline: Physics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Condensed Matter Physic
- Laser Plasma Physics
- Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Soft Matter and Biophysics
2. First-level Discipline: Astronomy
- Astrophysics and Cosmology
Number of Positions:
About 2 candidates for each secondary discipline.
1. Applicants should be under the age of 36 and should hold doctorate degree;
2. Applicants should have formal teaching or research positions in well-known overseas universities and research institutes, and has continued to work overseas for more than three years after obtaining a doctoral degree (for assistant professors, the requirement on length of overseas work experience may be reduced);
3. Applicants should obtain scientific research achievements recognized by peer experts and have the potential to become academic or technical leaders in the field;
4. For the extremely outstanding scholars who have obtained doctorate degree overseas, the requirement on length of overseas work experience could be reduced.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit the following materials to the contact email (please specify your secondary discipline):
1. A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
2. A publication list, including no less than 5 representative papers;
3. A statement of teaching and research achievements;
4. Research plan;
5. 3-5 recommendation letters.