Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in Mechanical Engineering Shanghai Jiao Tong University
The School of Mechanical Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is searching for outstanding applicants for tenure-track faculty positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Required job duties include developing an excellent research program, teaching, and academic service. The School’s long-term focus is on design and manufacturing, noise and vibration, mechatronics and robotics, vehicle engineering, power machinery and engineering, refrigeration and cryogenic engineering, fluid machinery and engineering, power engineering and engineering thermophysics, thermal power engineering, nuclear science and engineering, industrial engineering, aeronautics and astronautics. The following research areas are preferred, but other concentration areas are also potentially acceptable:
- Smart Manufacturing/Intelligent Manufacturing Technology
- Precision/Ultra-Precision Measurement
- Robotics and Bio-mechatronics
- Big Data & AI
- Soft, Flexible Smart Materials and Devices
- Additive Manufacturing Technology
- Biomedical Engineering/Smart Healthcare
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Micro/Nano systems
- Nanoscale Thermal Radiation
- Sustainable Energy Technology of Max-city
- Novel Low Carbon Smart Energy System
- Electrochemical and Energy Storage Technology
- Novel Thermal Storage Technology-Thermochemical Heat Storage
- Aerodynamics and Combustion Technology of Aero-engine & Gas Turbine
- Computational Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics
- Fluid-structure-sound interaction and control
- Nuclear Materials Science, Advanced Nuclear Power System
1. Ph.D. or equivalent in a closely related discipline, such as Mechanical Engineering, Power and Energy Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or Industrial Engineering, etc.;
2. The ability to establish independent and innovative research and the potential for developing an externally funded research program;
3. A strong commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, founded in 1896, is one of the oldest universities in China. Many outstanding alumni have made significant contributions in the development of science and technology. Today SJTU has 29 academic schools, 184 undergraduate and graduate programs, and an enrollment of over 46,000 full-time students. SJTU is actively involved in academic exchange with international universities and has established collaborations with more than 100 world renowned universities and institutions.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
The School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) consists of 4 departments and 17 research institutes. It has over 330 faculty members and enrolls more than 5000 students. As one of the top Schools of Mechanical Engineering in China, it aims to offer the best learning experience to its students, the most rewarding working environment to its employees and the most effective service to industry and society. The alumni from this school, as scientists, engineers, educators, statesmen and entrepreneurs, are continually making outstanding contributions to the innovation of science and technology and the development of the society.
RANK & SALARY: Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit 1) a cover letter identifying the primary area of research, 2) a detailed curriculum vitae, 3) a list of at least three references (with contact information), 4) a statement of teaching philosophy and 5) a statement of research interests to the Human Resources Office of the School of Mechanical Engineering, SJTU (email@example.com). To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply before Aug 31st, 2018, but applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.