Sr. Scientist, Toxicology
The Senior Scientist will lead all aspects of toxicology work for select nonclinical programs to enable drug candidates from research through development and IND enabling studies. The senior scientist will design, execute, and interpret nonclinical safety studies conducted in multiple species, and will be heavily involved in regulatory submissions and interactions with various health authorities as well as the internal clinical team. The successful candidate must have the ability to multitask and to function effectively in a fast-paced environment. Be capable of conducting work independently, but also capable of pulling in subject matter experts when necessary to lead the conversation. Will maintain extensive scientific awareness and presence in toxicology, publishes manuscripts and posters, presents at scientific conferences and other scientific forums. Engages with consultants and advisors in the field, as well as the scientific community at large.
Here's What You'll Do:
- In conjunction with program teams and the nonclinical sciences team, develop toxicology strategies and provide expert support to research and development projects
- Collaborate on the design of non-GLP investigative and pharmacology studies to support development compounds, as needed
- Review, summarize and integrate complex data sets across multiple disciplines
- Manage the preparation and presentation of nonclinical safety data for project teams, portfolio management, internal /external partners and/or scientific groups
- Provide strategic advice to project teams and senior management including evaluation of conclusions and potential impact of toxicology results on program and clinical/regulatory strategy
- Lead finalization of toxicology reports and manage the tabular presentation of data in accordance with CTD format
- Support the preparation of national and international regulatory submissions and interactions with health authorities and be capable of effective communications with regulatory authorities
- Interact cross functionally with Research, Regulatory, Clinical and Manufacturing
- Work closely with clinical to ensure toxicology support for clinical trial designs
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Doctorate degree & 5 years of scientific experience OR Master's degree & 10 years of scientific experience OR Bachelor's degree & 15 years of scientific experience in preclinical toxicology and drug development in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology sector
- Familiarity with GLP regulations and ICH/FDA guidelines for the conduct of toxicology studies to support regulatory filings
- Experience working with Contract Research Organizations
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations for both internal and external meetings
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and change quickly change priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a track record of achievement in publications and/or patent applications Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.