Taconic Biosciences, a global leader in providing the highest quality laboratory animal models and related services to the international biomedical research community for over 60 years, is seeking a Manager - Genetic Sciences and Compliance to join our team in our Albany, NY location. We support leading universities, government agencies, and pharmaceutical companies with high quality products and services that are essential to their processes empower them to progress their research forward.
We're looking for dedicated, highly motivated, and passionate individuals who will help us carry out our mission: to create innovative solutions that both progress medical research and maintain the highest standards of laboratory animal care.
The Manager – Genetic Sciences and Compliance provides back-up and support to the Genetics Director. This individual plays an essential role in helping maintain genetic quality compliance on the many mutant mouse and rat strains generated and/or produced at Taconic Biosciences.
Duties of the Manager – Genetic Sciences and Compliance include the following:
• Supporting Project Management, providing recommendations considering efficiencies and Genetic Quality on mating schemes for different genetically modified mouse/rat strains;
• Provide Genetics Training to Taconic personnel at all levels, Management and/or Operations;
• Supporting breeding of Genetically modified mouse/rat strains, review and verify that all Genetic parameters of a breeding project are genetically compliant. These include, nomenclature, genotyping codes, genotyping assays, phenotyping assays, generations number, etc
• Provide Scientific support to Molecular Analysis on different platforms of Genotyping Assays, i.e. qPCR, Capillary PCR, sequencing, Single Nucleotide Polymorphism analysis, etc
• Reviewing, assessing, and helping troubleshoot deviations on genotype distributions and provide recommendations to bring them to genetic compliance;
• Support Genetic Compliance through investigation, root cause analysis corrective actions and documentation of potential genetic deviations on Oracle database system and prepare Genetic Reports;
• Support Operations personnel by providing guidance to Animal Care Technicians on any questions that involve genetics and if needed provide a recommendation to resolve the problem;
• Provide Subject Matter expertise on writing white papers supporting Taconic’s Genetic program.
Ideal candidates will have a Ph.D or MSc/MA in Genetics or related field. Candidates must have 4 – 8 years’ relevant experience and training; will consider equivalent combination of education and technical/managerial experience. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to develop and lead projects. Candidates must have experience in mouse genetics and molecular analysis. Experience in a wide range of principles and methodology of a specialized professional or technical field is required. The ability to write technical reports, management summaries, presentations and/or documents for external circulation is required. Candidates must have the ability to effectively present information to internal and external management. The ability to respond to complex inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, media representatives, or members of the general public is a must. Candidates must have the ability to listen empathetically, understand information presented by people with different communication styles and different points of view, and mediate disagreements. Candidates must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret and apply scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and/or legal documents; the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems; and the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
At Taconic, we are dedicated to finding solutions to improve human health. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and more!
If you are looking for a rewarding career and the opportunity to grow, apply today!
Taconic Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.