Are you looking for a career in discovery research working for an extraordinary company? Are you passionate about your work and desire to contribute to improving the lives of patients? Our Lilly Oncology Discovery team has an exciting opportunity that may be a fit for you. We need a scientist who has strong technical skills in cancer cell biology. Are you eager to learn and have a high learning agility? You will be able to contribute to the identification and validation of novel targets in the fields of cancer metabolism and immune metabolism and the development of novel therapeutics directed against those targets. As part of our team you participate in the design, implementation, and interpretation of in vitro and in vivo experiments to address key project hypotheses. You will also have the opportunity to summarize and present research to cross-functional team members within Oncology and with other functional areas as projects progress from concept to the clinic. This is a great chance to work for a company dedicated to making an impact in the lives of those patients we serve.Some additional skills or responsibilities of this role might include:
- Strong technical abilities in tumor cell biology or tumor immunology.
- Develop and implement assays to validate new cancer metabolism or immune metabolism targets and to define the mechanism of action of new molecular entities.
- Utilize flow cytometry experience to phenotype immune cells and characterize the impact of metabolic modulation
- Record, analyze and communicate scientific data with clear interpretation of results.
- Apply scientific literature to work through technical problems and advance laboratory research.
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality and safety.
For more than 130 years, Lilly has been dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world. We address these needs primarily by developing innovative medicines—investing a higher percentage of our sales in research and development than any other major pharmaceutical company. If you are interested in being considered for employment with a “Best in Class” Pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity:
- B.S. degree in Biology or a related discipline with 1 or more years of lab experience or
- M.S. degree in Biology or related discipline with research component
- Lab experience in tumor cell biology or immunology highly preferred
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Experience in tumor cell biology with strong technical skills in cell culture, molecular biology or immunology, and basic protein biochemical techniques.
- Experience with shRNA and/or CRISPR/Cas9 will be beneficial
- Ability to perform quantitative data analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
- Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment while maintaining our highly regarded reputation in the Pharmaceutical Industry and Community.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status