Biologist-Mammalian Protein Expression
The Protein Expression group at the Lilly Biotechnology Center in San Diego is searching for a scientist who is passionate about making an impact in human health with experience in protein expression. Do you have strong skills of mammalian cell tissue culture and protein expression? Do you also have excellent written and verbal communication, work planning, data analysis and record keeping skills (with an attention to detail)? The focus of your work will be to support early drug discovery programs through work with mammalian cell based protein expression and generation of both stable and transient mammalian cell lines. In addition, if you also have broad knowledge and experience of molecular biology techniques such as cloning, plasmid construction, plasmid DNA preparation, characterization and sequence verification we would like to meet you. Are you prepared to join our team and make meaningful contributions to drug discovery? We would love for you to apply.Key Objectives/Deliverables:
- Experience with handling mammalian cells in a tissue culture environment.
- Ability to perform transfections and maintain cell lines through cryopreservation.
- Perform cell based assays such as ELISA, FACS analysis.
- Collaborate closely with the antibody discovery, protein engineering and purification groups in San Diego and Indianapolis.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor's Degree in biochemical sciences (biology, molecular biology, or similar disciplines).
- At least 1 year of post-degree relevant academic or industrial experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting are critical.
- Master's Degree in biochemical sciences (biochemistry, chemistry, or similar disciplines).
- Additional skills with microbial based protein expression and biochemical/biophysical protein characterization would be considered advantageous.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment:
•Business Week magazine 50 Best Places To Launch A Career™
•FORTUNE America's Most Admired Companies™
•FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities™
•Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers™
•Industry Week magazine 100 Best-Managed Companies™
•Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists™