Research Scientist, Computational Biology & Epigenetics
Research Analytics is a global team of computational scientists, operating across six R&D sites within the Celgene Research and Early Development division. We pursue innovative computational research towards Celgene objectives, across domains ranging from bioinformatics, computational biology to machine learning, systems biology and mathematical modeling.
Current areas of investigation include application and development of novel computational approaches to unravel the mechanism of action of Celgene’s pipeline compounds and identify therapeutic targets, methods for integrative analysis of omics data, predictive approaches to patient stratification, and mathematical models of intra- and inter-cellular processes. In addition, we are involved in a range of academic collaborations aimed at understanding disease at molecular and systems level.
To join our team at the Celgene Institute for Translational Research Europe (CITRE) in Seville, Spain, we are looking for a Research Scientist, Computational Biology & Epigenetics. The successful candidate will work closely with Celgene’s global Research Analytics and Epigenetic Biology teams to advance our research and development of novel therapeutic agents related to epigenetic mechanisms. Also, we encourage our scientists to identify and explore innovative ways for computational research to impact projects and guide Celgene decision making.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing computational biology analysis for exploration and interpretation of high-throughput data, including NGS
- Developing and implementing state-of-the-art approaches for integration of multiple genomic data types to produce a robust understanding of disease, and help identification of therapeutic targets
- Contributing to experimental design, planning and prioritization in multi-disciplinary teams
- Presentation and reporting of methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard
- Participating in wider group endeavors concerning the elucidation of disease biology, compound mechanisms of action, drug resistance and prediction of target indications.
- PhD in computational biology / bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or related fields, from a recognized higher-education establishment
- Prior experience (3+ years) of analysis, integration and interpretation of epigenomic and other high-throughput data (e.g. Histone & TF ChIP, DNA methylation, chromatin accessibility & conformation, proteomics and expression data), supported by high-quality publications
- Expertise in Linux, statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, plus good knowledge of contemporary database structures
- Experience with version control and high-performance computing, including cloud computing and/or big data analytics platforms would be advantageous
- Collaborative spirit, proven ability to contribute beyond personal projects
- Ability to understand and communicate the output of computational research to multi-disciplinary scientific teams
- Verbal and written English language fluency. Proficiency in Spanish would be advantageous
The position presents a unique opportunity to experience research in an industry setting and to contribute to helping patients with unmet medical need, while maintaining a link to academic research (publication is encouraged).
The position advertised is fixed-term (24 months) and based in Seville, Spain, reporting to the Sr. Principal Scientist, Research Analytics at CITRE.
Those interested in the position described should submit full CV and cover letter addressed to Virginia Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for Research Scientist, Computational Biology & Epigenetics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly