Come work for Chapman University! This particular position of the laboratory specialist has the responsibility and authority to support of the educational and research mission of the school. The position reports to the CUSP Core Facility Coordinator in the Office of Associate Dean of Research, Graduate Studies, and Global Affairs. This position is located at the Irvine Rinker Campus.
The lab specialist is expected to:
- Maintain a safe and organized lab by following the procedures and regulations provided by the DDS course coordinators, including (but not limited to) proper storage of the chemicals, maintenance of the lab equipment, accessibility of the safety equipment for students, and controlling and preventing unauthorized access to the lab;
- Maintain an inventory of the chemicals, packaging material, and glassware used by pharmacy students in DDS labs by checking the stock and supervising the required products for each lab session
- Order, stock, maintain and deploy sterile products for use in parenteral therapy
The lab specialist should have some experience in this particular field. In order to be considered, potential applicants should have:
- BS in Biological or biomedical sciences with laboratory research experience.
- Working knowledge of Flow Cytometer (FCAS), mass spectrometers and chromatography systems.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in compounding pharmaceutical dosage forms in a pharmacy setting.
Chapman University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.