Post Doctoral Research Scientist
NIH-funded Post Doctoral Research Scientist to work on the interplay between Pseudomonas aeruginosa and host in the context of wound infection
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate why diabetic wounds fail to control P. aeruginosa infection.
- Investigate host responses to control P. aeruginosa infection.
Skills and Abilities Recommended:
- Experience with Mass Spectroscopy and bioinformatics is viewed positively
- Experience in animal research is viewed positively
- Experience in microbiology is viewed positively
- Experience with microscopy is viewed positively
- Experience with Microsoft office, Excel, Prism Required
Position Qualifications Include:
- PhD or postdoctoral fellow
- Should be able to work independently
- Good publication record - Be able to start-up the laboratory aspect of a new project by ordering equipment and necessary supplies to conduct studies
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements
As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
Interested candidates please forward your curriculum vitae and names of three references to Dr. Sasha Shafikhani by email: Sasha_Shafikhani@Rush.edu