Principal Scientist, DMPK
The Principal Scientist of DMPK will be responsible for establishing the DMPK strategy to support advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform and pipeline. The role will lead the in vitro and in vivo ADME, PK, PK/PD, and TK efforts, design and execute experiments, and manage collaborations with CROs to ensure timely data based decision making. The candidate should have strong understanding of DMPK and PK/PD areas applicable to animal models and translation into humans. Will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting DMPK and PK/PD data and disseminating results in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Designing and executing preclinical studies to understand the ADME and PK characteristics of development candidates
- Representing DMPK as the subject matter expert on multidisciplinary project teams
- The analysis and interpretation of preclinical DMPK data
- Managing external vendors in the conduct of in vitro/in vivo ADME studies.
- Establishing ADME strategies that meet regulatory requirements and program goals
- Participating in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publication
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD or PharmD with a focus in pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, pharmaceutics or other related field and at least 5 years drug development experience, or an MSC with at least 7 years drug development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of ADME principles, PK/PD and bioanalytical concepts
- Strong publication record in the area of DMPK
- Experience in contributing DMPK components for submission to regulatory authorities
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations for both internal and external meetings
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.