Associate Director, Pharmacometrics
The Associate Director of Pharmacometrics is responsible for applying quantitative analysis methods and PK/PD modeling techniques in developing candidate drug products and serves as an expert to ensure that modeling and simulation (M&S) methods are utilized optimally in discovery and development activities. The Associate Director will plan and execute PK/PD M&S activities in the design and analysis of in vivo and in vitro studies in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. Will be responsible for developing and implementing M&S strategies, conduct internal analyses and manage relationships with external vendors. The ideal candidate will work independently to make decisions impacting M&S goals and to support the design, execution, and analysis of clinical studies. Contribute to the development and implementation of M&S working practices and SOPs and assist in the development of internal infrastructure to facilitate internal analysis goals. Will maintain extensive scientific awareness and presence in pharmacometrics, publishes manuscripts and posters, presents at scientific conferences and other scientific forums. Engages with consultants and advisors in the field, as well as the scientific community at large.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Conducting in-house pharmacometrics analyses
- Representing pharmacometrics as the subject matter expert on multidisciplinary project teams
- Overseeing external M&S activities, such as population PK, PK/PD, exposure-response, and PBPK analyses, clinical trial simulations, and other model-based analyses
- Establishing pharmacometrics capabilities and infrastructure
- Developing and executing M&S plans to support discovery and development
- Using state of the art M&S methodologies and quantitative principles to advance development candidates
- Participating in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publication
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD or PharmD with a focus in pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, pharmaceutics or other related field and at least 7 years drug development experience
- Hands-on experience using pharmacometrics tools including but not limited to NONMEM, Phoenix, R, etc.
- Strong publication record in the area of pharmacometrics
- Experience in contributing pharmacometrics components for submission to regulatory authorities
- Deep understanding of pharmacometric principles and incorporation of M&S strategies into overall drug candidate development plans
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations for both internal and external meetings
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a track record of achievement in publications and/or patent applications Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.