(Contract) Manufacturing Associate II
GMP Manufacturing(Contract) Manufacturing Associate II
Moderna is seeking a cGMP Manufacturing Associate for mRNA Manufacturing of Personalized Cancer Vaccines. This position will be based in our new GMP Manufacturing site in Norwood, MA.
The individual in this role will be part of a cohesive team responsible for producing GMP mRNA-based personalized cancer vaccines for evaluation in human clinical trials. He/she will apply existing and new knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and cGMPs to enable technical success with stringent adherence to a Quality System that respects global regulatory expectations. The successful candidate will be able to document and communicate their technical and operational observations clearly and efficiently. They will be able to operate pilot-scale bioprocessing equipment and interact fluidly with peers and supervisors in Manufacturing, and cross-functionally with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Logistical and Process Development Technology Transfer counterparts.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Produce mRNA Personalized Cancer Vaccines
- Execute manufacturing operations using disposable technologies, automation and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Develop batch records, SOPs and training materials for startup of the Norwood Facility
- Closely partner with QA peers for rapid disposition of personalized cancer vaccines
- Demonstrate general knowledge of standard manufacturing practices and equipment.
- Strict adherence to current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing documentation. Establish and follow written procedures for the clear and accurate documentation of equipment operation and process instructions, and of process data.
- Monitor process operations to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Assist in the investigation of procedural deviations.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Moderna's safety procedures and guidelines.
- Utilize knowledge to improve operational efficiency.
- Adhere to gowning procedures and maintain a clean general operating area.
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- 2-4+ years of experience in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Biomechanical engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical engineering, Biochemistry or related field, Associates with 4+ years related experience or 5+ years of related GMP experience
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced production environment at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferably in GMP or GLP
- Ability to collaborate fluidly with peers, supervisors and cross functional support groups required
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and organizational skills required
Why Join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law