PhD and Postdoc Program Manager (m/f) at CeMM, Vienna, full time (40 hrs.)
In this exciting and responsible role you will be a key-player in the organization and coordination of the PhD and Postdoc Programs at CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. You will be managing the recruitment of new students and postdocs, will assist with the admission process at the Medical University of Vienna and all study-related matters, and be responsible for the organization of trainings of the scientists at CeMM. In this position you will be part of the HR team, you will work closely together with the CeMM Faculty, and report directly to the Scientific Director and the head of Human Resources. You will play an important role in enhancing the PhD Program and designing the Postdoc Program of an international, top research institute.
We are looking for an organizational talent with excellent communication skills and a proactive, efficient work style. Ideally, you have already worked in a multinational, academic setting, you are able to meet tight deadlines and you are used to high performance standards. If you are a team player with excellent English (C1) and German skills (B2), high service-orientation, and you are looking for a challenging position in a high-class training and research organization, the offered position could be an important step in your career.
The mission of CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences is to achieve maximum scientific innovation in molecular medicine to improve healthcare. At CeMM, an international and creative team of scientists and medical doctors pursues free-minded basic life science research in a large and vibrant hospital environment of outstanding medical tradition and practice. CeMM’s research is based on post-genomic technologies and focuses on societally important diseases, such as immune disorders and infections, cancer and metabolic disorders. We operate in a unique mode of super-cooperation, connecting biology with medicine, experiments with computation, discovery with translation, and science with society and the arts, and train a modern blend of biomedical scientists to make great contributions. The goal of CeMM is to pioneer the science that nurtures the precise, personalized, predictive and preventive medicine of the future.
CeMM aims to promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, competences and potential. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Your key tasks in this position:
- Organization and coordination of the CeMM PhD Program
- Development and design of the CeMM Postdoc Program
- Recruitment of PhD students (organize the complex and competitive recruitment and selection processes in accordance with CeMM Faculty and HR)
- Supporting PhD students in all study-related matters, from the university registration to the organization of their PhD defense, and handle questions and give support (e.g. assistance with residence permit applications)
- Liaising with the Medical University of Vienna in PhD Program related matters
- Organization of regular Faculty Meetings
- Pre-selection, development and organization of seminars and workshops for all scientists at CeMM
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies and fringe benefits at CeMM
- Provide administrative support to an EU-funded gender equality project with a focus on promoting women in leading scientist positions
If you are a committed, reliable, open-minded person with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in an academic research or training environment, preferably in a service function (e.g. as study course coordinator), and you are interested in this exciting position, which involves organization, recruitment, training and development, you could be our new PhD and PostDoc Program Manager.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in an academic research or training environment
- Life science background (e.g. BSc or MSc diploma) is of advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (C1) and German (B2)
- Very good MS office skills
- High service orientation and hands-on mentality
- Organizational talent
- Team player skills
- Communication talent with empathy and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills, efficient and pro-active workstyle
- An exciting and collaborative work environment at the forefront of biomedical research
- Diverse set of tasks in different areas related to the support of researcher
- An attractive employee benefits package including health insurance, company health care, competitive holiday allowance and daily bonus for the in-house cafeteria
- An annual
Please apply online (https://cemm.jobbase.io/job/txnm9lel) with your application documents, including CV, motivation letter and the names and contact details of two referees.
Closing date for applications: 01 July 2018