Research Associate II
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under general supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate II (RAII) directs the work of a laboratory or undertakes research projects in collaboration with academic supervisor, making innovative contributions pertaining to laboratory procedures which may not change the course of an investigation but do indicate significant independent contribution beyond the RA I level. RAII typically consults with the academic supervisor on the scope and plan of approach to a research project; reads abstracts and articles; organize and plan techniques; plan and assign the work of at least one lab staff advising on problems they are unable to solve; contribute original ideas to the laboratory research; standardize new techniques and train staff on these techniques; perform specialized procedures and prepare written reports of laboratory experimental methods.
- This is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. We will train new personnel in project specific techniques and procedures.
- Responsibilities will include: Animal protocol management and regulatory compliance; mouse colony maintenance and breeding; murine surgical procedures and tissue harvesting/preparation; performance of functional assays; passage and maintenance of tissue culture of cell lines and routine lab support and maintenance activities.Work hours may vary. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work as well as accurate record keeping and lab documentation are a must.
- Bachelor's degree. Masters degree preferred..
- Two years related research/ laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree or
- One year related research/ laboratory experience with a Master's degree
- Coursework and/or hands-on experience with cellular immunology and animal models.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.