PHD STUDENT (SCHOLARSHIP POSITION)
WROCLAW RESEARCH CENTRE EIT+ is a unique venture on the Polish ground, dedicated to establish and develop new ways of cooperation between science and education and the local authorities as well as innovative business. Our mission is to manage knowledge. This is meant as creating and transferring ideas and supporting entrepreneurial activities within the environment interested in commercial use of intellectual property.
THE GOAL OF THE CENTRE IS TO ORGANIZE AND CONDUCT INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH WORKS ON:
• Biotechnology and medical technology,
• Nanotechnology and its application in state-of-the-art materials,
• Energy and climate changes,
Further information on EIT + can be found at: http://www.eitplus.pl/
Department of Science, Wroclaw Research Centre EIT+ offers a National Science Centre-funded stipendiary PhD student position for a closed period of 5 months available as part of a project: “Transient protein states in designing small-molecule inhibitors of protein-protein interactions” started 01.10.2015.
PHD STUDENT (SCHOLARSHIP POSITION)
The project concerns selection of low molecular weight compounds that are antagonists of receptor-growth factor interaction.
Our research proposal addresses timely and important issues of the difficulties in efficiently designing small-molecule probes. Cellular active selective small molecules that bind specific proteins are of uttermost importance to delineate biochemical pathways of proteins. The proteins we study are prominently involved in tumorigenesis. These proteins not only are frequently mutated in cancer but also constitute driving genes of the disease. Thus we hope to provide valuable compounds to the cancer community to characterize the underlying biochemical pathways and events that drive tumor formation.
• Compilation of data and results; documentation and maintenance of laboratory notebooks.
• Communication of results to supervisor.
• Analysis of results and preparation of publications in scientific journals, presentation of results at conferences.
• PhD student / A successful recruitment process for doctoral studies
• Knowledge of molecular and cell biology, biophysics and biochemistry
• extended experience of working in protein expression and purification.
• Good command of English.
• Knowledge of biology of fibroblast growth factors and their receptors will be an advantage.
• Participation in a prestigious and innovative research project.
• Opportunities for developing professional skills through participation in studies using highly advanced research techniques.
• Full time National Science Centre-funded scholarship.
To apply please send CV, motivation letter and two letters of recommendation to: email@example.com. Please insert SYMFONIA 2 in the subject line of the message.
Application deadline is set at 24th June 2018 the end of the day.
The application documents should include the following clause:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the National Science Center funded project titled “Transient protein states in designing small-molecule inhibitors of protein-protein interactions” carried out presently or in the future by the company Wrocławskie Centrum Badań EIT+ Sp. z o. o., ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland (pursuant to the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 101, item 926, as amended). Wrocławskie Centrum Badań EIT+ sp. z o. o., ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland is the Personal Data Processor. This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same. I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data."
Please also note that we will contact only selected candidates.