Scientist I. Biochemistry or Cell and Molecular Biology
BIOAGE is seeking a talented hands-on biologist to join our discovery team. We are an early-stage startup using novel bioinformatic approaches to discover therapies to impact human aging and disease.
We are looking for a highly productive PhD bench scientist to work in the the research and development team. Candidates should have substantial research experience as evidenced by a strong publication record. You will participate in the creation of clinical candidates as part of an emerging and exciting biological approach to therapeutic development.
The successful candidate will be experienced with biochemical, cell biology & molecular biology laboratory techniques including real time PCR, flow cytometry, genetic manipulation and protein science. You will work with a team of bioinformatics and biologists to foster a strong culture of innovation, scientific rigor, collaboration, and discovery.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related field
- Track record of scientific accomplishments as demonstrated by publications or patents
- Hands-on proficiency with laboratory techniques including mammalian cell culture, assay development, real time PCR, flow cytometry, FACS, genetic manipulation and protein science
- Experience with laboratory automation is an advantage
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to carry out research tasks independently and effectively collaborate with other research staff
- Highly productivity, flexibility and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Industry experience is not required, but would be a plus