Sr. Production Planner & Coordinator
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Sr. Production Planner & Coordinator is a Floor Scheduler responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the operating unit with a monthly production plan consistent with the unit’s capacity and sales forecast. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month, for a rolling three month period. Strong collaboration with the Business Managers, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Validation, Planning, and Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
Primary Purpose & Objectives:
- Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times
- Make delivery commitments on MTO products.
- Manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis.
- Insure coordination with engineering, maintenance, and validation to execute Production Plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Maintain a detailed, tactical daily manufacturing schedule that acts as the daily roadmap for Manufacturing, incorporating the needs of manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, validation, automation, and technical operations to maintain operational compliance status. React and adjust as needed to accommodate the dynamic nature of Operations.
- Manage a sustainable local inventory of raw materials and intermediates in our ERP system
- Timely reporting of key metrics.
- Support the S&OP process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications. Update Master Production Plan as necessary.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Profieicent with SAP
- Proficient in MS office applications.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Qualifications
Education Minimum Requirement: BA/BS Degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in scheduling operations
- Minimum five (5) years experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially SAP
- Microsoft Professional Suite
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Five (5) or more years experience in scheduling operations
- Three (3) or more years experience using SAP
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck