Enterprise Resiliency PM
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. Position Description
As a Program/Project Manager at Merck’s IT PMO, you will be responsible for stewarding critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of strategic and transformational change by providing leadership and direction to assigned programs. In this position you will be responsible for project management of an Enterprise Resiliency workstream to improve Merck’s cyber security posture and keep the network healthy. This position will:
• Collaborate closely with other IT groups to partner with the relevant business areas to effectively coordinate execution of strategic projects.• Lead planning, execution and reporting activities for these strategic activities and become the trusted advisor of the Enterprise Resiliency Delivery Lead and other key stakeholders. • Provide program/project leadership, guidance, and manage all aspects of a given program/project, including requirements gathering, business case creation, and implementation.• Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model.• Develop resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities.• Proactively set performance expectations and help peers and subordinates manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results.• Review program/project budget variance and scope change requests, and participate in the budget-resolution process.• Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities.• Manage program and project-level risks and interdependencies.• Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders.• Lead cross-functional meetings and foster teamwork; drive escalation and resolution of issues.• Address escalated resourcing issues with project team and resource managers, as needed.• Support and coach peers within the program.• Provide technical expertise in planning, execution, and leadership of program, projects, and initiatives.• Provide program reporting and status to senior management.• Maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization.
Education Minimum Requirement:
· Bachelor’s degree
Required Experience and Skills
· Strong proficiency in Project and Program Management, with five or more years of experience of IT project management guiding projects (>$1MM) from inception to close-out.
· Strong communication (written, oral, presentation), negotiation, influencing and relationship.
· Competent in the use of project management and analytical software tools. Knowledge of MS Project Server and SharePoint project portfolio management processes and reporting tools.
· Experience in managing third-party vendors and development partners.
· Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and makings suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business problems, develop business cases, and advise business owners on managing risks.
· Ability to work toward enterprise goals, using influence rather than control, and fostering a work environment based on trust, sharing and collaboration.
· Strong analytical and financial skills.
· Ability to innovate under new and/or changing conditions.
· Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Effective consultative and influencing approach.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
· Ability to succeed in a dynamic matrix organization.
· Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
· Cultural adaptability.
· Virtual and remote team leadership capability.
· Flexibility and responsiveness to input.
Preferred Experience and Skills
· Working experience with Cyber Security projects, Identity and Access Management solutions (e.g., TPAM, PAWS, Red Forest) or Advanced Endpoint Protection capabilities (e.g., Cylance, FireAMP or Whitelisting).
· Experience managing projects across regions or working with global teams a plus.
· PMP, Agile, Sigma or other related certification a plus.
· Experience working in regulated environments (GxP, FDA).
· Ability to coach and mentor junior program and project managers.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Program/Project Management
Other Locations: West Point, PA, US; Upper Gwynedd, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: None
Company Trade Name: Merck