Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The VMF (Vaccine Manufacturing Facility) Production Associate is an excellent opportunity for experienced individuals that are interested in working in Vaccine production and manufacturing operations. The individual in this position will support the Vaccine manufacturing process through hands on processing activities. Key responsibilities for the Production Associate include the execution of aseptic processing requirements, adherence to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and working in a self-directed team environment to accomplish shift and departmental goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with all operations and support personnel, performing manual and automated processing of vaccine manufacturing equipment, performing general troubleshooting tasks, and supporting functions necessary for the production of vaccines.
- Executes all documentation and clerical functions necessary for proper accountability and traceability of product.
- Maintains, inventories, and transports all required processing equipment, materials, supplies and products needed to support manufacturing.
- Operates various computer controlled process support/process equipment (i.e. washer, autoclave, vial filler, lyophilizer, capping/inspect machines, etc.).
- Assists in troubleshooting of equipment.
- Performs housekeeping in all work areas. Executes facility sanitization and decontamination according to approved procedures.
- Completes in-process testing and inspections supporting the vaccine manufacturing, validation, and development processes as required.
- Identifies and addresses compliance, environmental, safety, and process deviations as appropriate and escalates to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains, cleans and prepares equipment used in vaccine manufacturing process.
- Schedules and performs environmental monitoring during processing and records results in the computerized database system. Provides timely delivery of sample and other materials as required to appropriate laboratories, coordinating with Quality and Logistics as required.
- Attends and actively participates in safety & housekeeping walkthroughs, 5S, kaizen events, or any other operations, lean six-sigma, quality, safety or environmental training/initiatives as required.
- Serves on safety, quality and other committees as required.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required: Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or Engineering or
- Associate’s degree in Life Science or Engineering with at least 2 years relevant experience or
- BioWorks Certificate (working in an FDA regulated industry).
Required Experience and Skills**:
At least three (3) years sterile Pharmaceutical/GMP production experience:
- Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts, including evenings
- Must be willing to work a rotating 2-2-3 schedule (2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on) which includes weekends and Holidays
- Must be able to successfully pass aseptic gowning qualification. Aseptic gowning requires that all skin and hair be covered through wearing the following: Beard/moustache cover, hair net, hood and facemask, goggles, jumpsuit, gloves and boots
- Must be willing and able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be willing to be vaccinated/blood tested for titer for products manufactured within the facility if needed
- Must be willing to work various shifts
- Demonstrated computer literacy (internet browsers, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience utilizing SAP in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in the use of Electronic Batch Records
- Experience performing Environmental Monitoring and Sampling
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Production / Operator
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 2nd
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck