Project Manager, Digital & Remote Engagement
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Project Manager, Digital & Remote Engagement will provide project management support for strategic initiatives related to enhancing and evolving digital, remote and face-to-face engagement capabilities. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring the delivery of all resources and capabilities needed to support US Customer Contact Center (US3C) execution across the full Merck portfolio of vaccine and pharmaceutical products.
US3C is the remote engagement team dedicated to supporting Merck’s products, services, solutions and customers through alternate channels (i.e. phone, web), as well as in-person engagement through hybrid Rep (combined face-to-face and remote engagement). US3C has the broadest scope of any US sales or support function, delivering ~1.75 million customer interactions annually spanning all therapeutic categories and serving as the face of Merck for many of our customers and patients.
With a focus on delivering a differentiated customer experience, executing with excellence and continually advancing our capabilities, the US3C organization will be an instrumental enabler of our organizational digital strategy and a key component of our future customer engagement models
- Performs project management activities related to the advancement of remote and digital engagement capabilities and overall engagement model evolution. Specifically, this Project Manager will work closely with the Digital Health and Engagement team to:
- Assess new digital capabilities as introduced by vendors / agencies / brand teams, or as a result of identifying new industry trends/best practices
- Help to determine how best to establish business value and integrate into commercial operating model
- Lead / support pilot initiatives to implement new capabilities and apply key learnings to inform broader organizational application
- Work across functional areas within Merck, including marketing, IT, compliance, legal, and others to understand requirements and help advance key aspects of projects
- Develop and execute project plan for each project to keep project members and management aware of progress, including with timelines and any investments
- Analyze, and report project results, customer insights, to develop future strategies
- Manages the delivery of appropriate resources and communications to customers and US3C sales teams, including:
- Identification of investments required to create and deliver resources/materials
- Management of timelines and deadlines in accordance with organization requirements, established approval protocols, and systems constraints
- Administration of PRT approvals for US3C promotional resources
- Management and oversight of vendors involved in creation and production of resources
- Developing and maintaining US3C-specific policies and procedures
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a self-motivated, high-energy professional with a collaborative spirit and a passion for driving innovation
- Have the aptitude to identify areas of strategic alignment and synergies across different stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Be personally accountable and committed to accomplishing objectives with the highest degree of integrity and in accordance with Merck’s values and standards
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations and able to work successfully in a matrix reporting structure
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Minimum 3 years of Digital marketing/promotion experience
- Minimum 3 years of Strong project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership and ability to influence without authority
- Proven problem solving skills
- Subject matter expertise in digital channels, multi-channel integration and remote customer engagement
- Change Management Skills – ability to gain sponsorship and work as a change agent to effectively drive change required
- Experience working with outside service providers
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck