Administrative Assistant III
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Administrative Assistant III position supports the Director, Corporate Governance and other professionals in the Office of the Corporate Secretary, based in Kenilworth, NJ. The Office is responsible for managing the Merck Board of Directors, engaging with major shareholders on governance-related issues, and fulfilling critical New York Stock Exchange and SEC corporate reporting and record-keeping responsibilities.
The primary activities include and are not limited to the following:
• Work requires the coordination and performance of multiple tasks while understanding the project principles and technical skills related to own work assignments.
• Work priorities and activities require extraordinary attention to detail. The position will be directly responsible for organizing and distributing materials to Merck’s most senior management and members of the Board of Directors. The position is also responsible for official record-keeping of high-level and sensitive corporate decisions.
• Produces/completes various work assignments requiring analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
• Schedules travel and manages multiple calendars.
• Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact both orally and in writing with Merck executives and internal/external clients.
• Expense management and financial budget support.
• May coordinate special projects within the division/area.
• Support the professional management of meetings by preparing in advance relevant meeting materials, bios and travel documents. Support meeting arrangements by scheduling conference rooms, making AV arrangements distributing documents, and ordering catering services as needed. Support virtual meetings using the latest technologies for WebEx’s, Teleconferences and Webcasts, ensuring seamless execution of logistics.
• Provide confidential executive administrative support in handling a variety of requests, including business and HR related correspondence. Discretion and professionalism is a must.
• Cover for other administrative assistants as needed.Qualifications
Education Minimum Requirement:
• High School Diploma
• Advanced education or certifications preferred (e.g. Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification)
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of seven (7) years Administrative Assistant experience
• Advanced computer skills using (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and operation of other peripheral devices
• SAP experience processing Expense Reports, Purchase Orders, Payment Requests. Vendor Add Forms, as well as run reports within SAP
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Experience with Board portal software a strong plus.
• Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
• Event Planning/Coordination experience
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Outstanding communication and people skills
• Budget/Finance Management experience
• High degree of professionalism and sound judgment
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck