(Contract) Research Associate, Process Innovation
We're looking for a new member of the Process Innovation team at Moderna! The primary responsibilities of this Contract Research Associate will be to assist in the design of novel nucleic acid systems and to evaluate their effect on mRNA potency using cell-based assays. The position will be very collaborative. An ideal candidate will work effectively and amicably alongside a diverse set of scientists. Process Innovation does low probability of success/high-reward science. An ideal candidate will respond to challenges with persistence and determination. Ultimately, we are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic and creative but who can also work through difficult problems with diligence and persistence. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Assist in designing novel nucleic acid systems to improve mRNA potency.
- Perform a variety of cell-based assays based upon ELISA and fluorescence/luminescence.
- Effectively compile, analyze, and plot results and then communicate them in group settings.
- Maintenance of mammalian cell cultures.
- Maintenance and management of a large inventory of samples.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor degree in molecular biology or a related field.
- Experience with cell culture.
- Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and biology and standard methods relevant to these molecules (examples: PCR, HPLC, gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, etc.).
- Non-academic experience in a laboratory setting (co-op experience is acceptable).
- Preferred: Experience with RNA and common enzymes used to produce and manipulate it.
- Preferred: Experience with Python or a similar scripting language.
- Preferred: Experience with RNA/DNA purification
- The ability to work effectively in a group with diverse personalities.
- The desire to create and explore in an emerging scientific space.
- The ability to acquire new skills quickly.
- The resilience to maintain motivation in a challenging research environment.
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.