Director, Business Process Outsourcing
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Financial organization helps plan and analyze the resources that allow us to continue advancing medical innovation around the world. This team of attentive, exacting individuals prepares and organizes financial assets in order to drive Merck’s momentum towards providing the world with an evolving, diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products that fuel global wellness.
Looking for an experience leader who knows what it’s like to build something from scratch. As the Director of BPO Vendor Management, Global Business Services (GBS) you will be responsible for developing, growing and managing our BPO network within GBS. You will be responsible for developing the vendor strategy across multiple Business Service Centers and collaborating to improve the customer experience by leveraging the strengths of BPOs. This individual will proactively identify areas of improvement for our internal processes, workflows, policies and manage expectations with BPO hiring, training, and performance management. They will also be responsible for Workforce Automation within the BPO’s and driving solutions that improve delivery and reduce our overall spend. Every day you’ll strategically brainstorm, collaborate, and implement operational improvements and efficiencies
- Lead the implementation of Global Business Services BPO initiative, taking responsibility for all aspects of the success of the program from contract work through training, launch, scaling, and performance management
- Lead negotiations for all future vendor contracts
- Ensure all performance and compliance objectives are met and exceeded. Drive year over year cost-to-serve efficiencies while transforming performance.
- Develop and deploy vendor-specific infrastructure, including security and BCP processes
- Own relationship management and service delivery to ensure that BPOs meet and our expectations
- Contribute significantly to best in class insights for, and presenting a compelling case for, digital finance transformation.
- Travel both domestically and internationally 10-15% of the year
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
Required Experience and Skills**:
- 10 years’ experience in managing in a shared service center environment with a proven track record of consistently strong performance at this level
- Minimum of 5 years managing global operations including launching and managing BPO sites
- Experience managing metrics, KPIs, and OLA’s, in addition to analytical deep-dives to understand performance
- Proven track record as a high impact Operations leader working in complex large multi-national environments
- An ambitious leader ready to create and execute game-changers
- Proven experience in complex, global program management where design, development and implementation of new processes, systems and organizations are required
- Proven experience of influencing an organization, across more than one geography, and influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success
- Extensive experience in BPO relationship management and contract negotiation and administration
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to influence senior leadership
- An experienced people manager and leader with a proven track record of strong talent attraction and retention
- Experience in driving a performance-based culture in BPO operating environments
- Exceptional organization skills and flexibility in guaranteeing that projects are correctly resourced and managed
- An ability to identify upstream blockers and prioritize solutions
- A drive to consistently deliver results and exceed expectations
- A strategic-thinking, solutions-driven mentality
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- MBA Preferred
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: NO
Company Trade Name: Merck