Associate Director, Safety and Environment
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Responsible for the Site technical andregulatory support and implementation of all necessary measures andinitiatives required by federal, state and local regulations pertaining toenvironment and safety protection. Provides direction and is responsible for planning, developing andreviewing environmental, safety and industrial hygiene programs for researchorganization supported at the South San Francisco site.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, concentration in Environmental or Safety related technical discipline preferred. Masters/MBA desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years professional work experience coupled with 7 years applied professional EHS work experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Strong leadership and change leadership skills.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing direct reports, attracting talent & building a strong team.
- Experience sitting on senior leadership teams to set strategy and make decisions for the site.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with regulatory agencies and senior operations leaders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience managing project teams.
- Previous experience as a radiation safety officer.
- Previous experience as a biosafety officer.
- Relevant professional certification(s).
- Lean/Six Sigma experience.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: Yes
Company Trade Name: Merck