FACULTY SEARCH FOR ZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. In its over 120 -year history, Zhejiang University has always been committed to cultivating talents with excellence, advancing science and technology development, serving social well-being, and promoting advanced culture with the spirit best manifested by the university motto “Seeking the Truth and Pioneering New Trails”.
Zhejiang University is a comprehensive research university with distinctive features and great impacts at home and abroad. Research at Zhejiang University spans 12 academic disciplines, covering philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, art, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine and management. Of all the 22 research fields covered by the Essential Science Indicators (ESI), Zhejiang University has 18 disciplines listed among global top 1%, of which 8 fields are ranked among top 1‰ in the world (ESI data, March 2018).
Zhejiang University has long been holding the educational philosophy of putting people foremost, cultivating students in an all-round way, seeking the truth and pioneering new trails in search of excellence, and is dedicated to cultivating future leaders with an international perspective.
Zhejiang University sincerely invites excellent talents to join us and together to create a glorious future for Zhejiang University and its people.
Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and research;
- A proven track record of academic achievements, which are comparable to those of assistant professors or associate professors in world-renowned universities;
- A doctoral degree from a world-renowned university, preferably with postdoctoral experiences.
Young and mid-career researchers are particularly welcomed to apply.
- He/She who holds this position should undertake the task of high-quality teaching. There can be a reduction of teaching task in the first 3 years.
- He/She who holds this position should be engaged in high-level research, try to initiate a new orientation of discipline development, set up original theoretical and practical researches or key technologies, enhance his/her own international academic influence and become an internationally active academic member.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a “ZJU100 Young Professor” who is qualified to supervise doctoral students. The university will offer:
- A decent compensation package;
- Subsidized housing available for high quality researchers to purchase;
- Internationally competitive startup packages for research;
- Large office and laboratory space with well-equipped facilities.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials in PDF format:
- A comprehensive CV;
- A statement of research and teaching plan;
- Certificates of academic degrees;
- Three writing samples of major publications;
- A list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information.
For other detailed recruitment information, please visit our website:
Zijingang Campus, Zhejiang University
No. 866, Yuhangtang Road, Hangzhou
Zhejiang, 310058, P.R. China
Apply for FACULTY SEARCH FOR ZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly