Faculty and Post-doctoral Candidates Recruitment of Hunan University
Hunan University welcomes qualified scholars from all over the world, and will offer development opportunities and competitive remuneration. We sincerely invite you to join us!
I. About Hunan University
Hunan University (HNU) is situated at the foot of the picturesque Yuelu Mountain, a National 5A tourist attraction in the historically and culturally renowned City of Changsha, capital of Hunan Province. It was selected as the most poetic and picturesque university by journal Cultural Geography, and is among the premier universities supported by the state's investment of “211 Project”, “985 Project” and “Double First Class University Plan”.
The history of HNU can be traced back to the Yuelu Academy which was founded in 976 AD. It enjoys the title of an "Ancient Millenarian Academy, Famous Centennial University". Carrying forward the celebrated traditions of quality education and personnel cultivation, Hunan University continues to focus on the essence of its motto "Seeking Truth from Facts; Daring to be Pioneers" and the style of "Be Profound, Intelligent, Diligent and Dedicated in the Pursuit of Knowledge". After the founding of the People’s Republic of China, 34 faculty and alumni members have been elected as academicians of the Chinese Academy of Science and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. The full-time student body totals nearly 36,000, of which over 20,000 are undergraduates and 15,000 are graduates.
Throughout its history of development from an ancient academy to a pre-modern institute, and then to a modern university, HNU has always strived for excellence and stood at the frontline of China's higher education.
976 AD, Yuelu Academy，One of the four famous academies in China；
1897, Shiwu Institute，One of the most influential new-style institutes in modern China；
1926, Named “Hunan University”；
1937, National University of Hunan，One of sixteen national universities；
1978, Hunan University，National key university；
1998, Hunan University，Be listed in the state’s “211 Project”；
2001, Hunan University，Be listed in the state’s “985 Project”；
2017, Hunan University，Be listed in the state’s construction plan of “Double First Class University”.
HNU consists of 23 colleges and departments as well as a graduate school. Its professional disciplines cover 11 subject categories including philosophy, science, engineering, medicine, management, economics, law, education, literature, history, and arts. 25 post-doctoral research programs have been established.
The university has 2 key first-order disciplines and 14 key second-order disciplines honored at the national level. Chemistry, Mechanical Vehicle Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Information, and Economics and Business are listed in the First-class Discipline Construction Plan.
HNU has 6 disciplines ranking top 1% in ESI, including Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Biology and Bio-chemistry, Environment and Ecology, and Computer Science. Engineering ranks top 1‰ in ESI.
The average number of citations of ESI papers written by HNU scholars ranks 11th among universities in “985 Project”. 8 papers have been published on Nature or Science in recent 5 years.
HNU ranks 23th on the Times Higher Education rankings of China mainland Universities; 384th on the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (29th among the state’s “985 Project” universities listed on ARWU); 137th on the Nature Index 2017 Tables internationally, and WFC ranks 21st domestically.
Faculty & Staff
The number of faculty in HNU is more than 1,950, including 1,400+ professors and associate professors, among which there are 7 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, 38 members of the state's Thousand Talents Program, 20 members of the state’s Ten Thousand Talents Program, 49 distinguished professors and outstanding young teachers of the Changjiang (Yangtze River) Scholars Program, 6 members of the Academic Degree Commission under the State Council.
HNU also has 1 top talents and innovative research team supported by state’s Thousand Talents Program, 4 innovative research groups supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 8 innovative teams supported by Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in Universities. There are 16 scholars selected as the Most Cited Chinese Researchers of 2017, which ranks 23rd among universities in mainland China.
Key Science and Research Platforms and Bases
- National Supercomputing Center;
- State Key Laboratory of Chemo/Bio-sensing and Chemometrics;
- State Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body;
- National Engineering Laboratory for Robot Vision Perception and Control Technology
- National Engineering Research Center for New Transmission and Transformation Technology of the Ministry of Education
- National Engineering Research Center for High Efficiency Grinding
- Key Discipline Laboratory for National Defense of Electric Drive and Servo Technology
- Collaborative Innovation Center of Building Safety and Environment.
- Collaborative Innovation Center of Optimization and Control Technologies of Smart Grid
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Base in scenic spot
- Hunan University National Science Park
II. Positions and Treatment
1. “1000 Talents Plan” for Young Professionals
1) Employed as full-time professor and PhD supervisor (the number of doctoral recruiting will be listed separately);
2) Receive an annual salary of RMB 450,000+ (candidates within the discipline of Computer Science and related fields can get approximately RMB 550,000 with an addition subsidy of “Donghua Software Youth Talent Fund” ); Eligible to receive rewards for academic achievements in accordance to the relevant policies of the university;
3) Receive settlement allowance of RMB 1,450,000 (after tax, including state aid and Changsha municipal subsidy); Have access to two years’ transitional apartment and rent allowance;
4) Receive research funding of RMB 4,000,000 - 6,000,000 (including state aid); Provided with offices and laboratories; Those recruiting team members and postdoctoral candidates will be given priority (full-time post-doctoral candidates will receive financial support of RMB 120,000/person/year); For exceptionally outstanding talents, the support specifications can be negotiated;
5) Receive research funding according to relevant talent recruitment policies of Hunan province;
6) Spouse can be employed by the university if desired;
2. Young Talents
1) Payment: annual salary of about RMB 200,000 - 450,000; Eligible to receive rewards for academic achievements in accordance to relevant policies of the university; Those with high academic achievements will be able to apply for positions listed in the university’s “Yuelu Scholar Plan”, and receive corresponding allowance of RMB 60,000 /120,000/year; Top-notch young scholars in the fields of economics, management, or the science of law can apply for support from the “Tianzhi Scholar Plan”. Winners will receive an allowance of RMB 50,000 to RMB100,000/year, for a period of 3 + 2 years;
2) Settlement allowance: professor RMB 300,000/person; associate professor RMB 200,000/person; assistant professor RMB 150,000/person; Talents who are selected into “Hundred Talent Plan” of Hunan province will receive one-off living allowance of RMB 500,000/person (tax free);
3) Research startup funding: Science and Engineering: professor RMB 1,000,000/person; associate professor RMB 500,000/person; assistant professor RMB 250,000/person; Humanities and Social science: professor RMB 500,000/person; associate professor RMB 300,000/person; assistant professor RMB 150,000/person; University will provide financial support for those supervising full-time post-doctoral candidates with RMB 120,000/person/year.
4) Talents who are qualified as “1000 Talents Plan” for Young Professionals（passed the peer review process）will be employed as full-time professors and PhD supervisors (the number of doctoral recruiting will be listed separately), and receive corresponding allowance (including salary, settlement allowance and research startup funding), which does not contain the funding from state, local government and alumni.
3. Full-time Post-doctoral candidates
1) Receive financial support of RMB 120,000/year for two years; Possible to receive funding from the supervisor and the college or department; Have access to provincial or municipal subsidies.
2) Provided with social insurance and housing fund.
4. Other Benefits
Children will have access to the affiliated childcare center (excellent childcare center in Hunan province), primary school (a bilingual school) and secondary school.
III. About Changsha
Changsha, the capital city of Hunan province, was once called Tanzhou in ancient times, and also has the name “star city”. Located at the center of Yangtze River Economic Zone, it is an important node city in “The Belt and Road Initiative” which has rich history, splendid scenes, and vigorous development potential.
Changsha is well connected by roads, river, rail, and air transportation modes, and is a regional hub for industrial, tourism, and service sectors. It is the crossing point of the Beijing-Guangzhou railway and Shanghai-Kunming railway in China, which tie Changsha with other 20 provincial capitals and municipalities. The city also possesses 3D transportation combined with subway, maglev train, interurban railway, aviation and high-speed railway.
The gross product of Changsha has surpassed one trillion, composed by 7 industrial cluster including engineering machinery, food production, new material, electric information, culture and innovation, tourism, as well as automobile and parts.
Changsha experiences a humid subtropical climate (Köppen Cfa), with distinctive seasons and an annual average temperature of 17.03 °C (62.7 °F). Forestation of Changsha reaches 53% and afforestation coverage in the city is 42%. It is the only city in China that been selected as “Global Green City” by the United Nations Human Settlements Program (UN-Habitat) and the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP).
Its per capita disposable income of urban and rural residents ranks first among the provincial capitals of central China, whereas its average price of commercial housing is next to last of central China (RMB 9811/m2, Jan. 2018). Endowed with beautiful sceneries of the Yuelu Mountain and Xiang River, Changsha boasts for its enjoyable living environment and has been selected as one of the Happiest Cities in China for 10 consecutive years.
For more information, please visit http://www.changsha.gov.cn/
IV. Contact us
Please send your CV（including educational background, teaching experience, and academic achievement）to email@example.com. For more information, feel free to contact us.
- Xu Hui, Human Resources Department
Tel: (+86) 731-88822723
- For more information, please visit
http://www.hnu.edu.cn. (Hunan University)
http://rsc.hnu.cn/ (Human resources Department of HNU)
Apply for Faculty and Post-doctoral Candidates Recruitment of Hunan University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly