Senior Tech, Operations
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
At all times, following Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhering to all safety and company policies, perform duties assigned by department supervision.
These duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning work area including floors, walls, tables, etc.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use
- Equipment setup and operation
- Perform aseptic procedures including media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, tissue culture preparation and harvest, filling vaccines, etc.
- Perform non-aseptic procedures including handling of poultry in the process of harvesting tissue or waste
- Concurrent record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation
- Demonstrates, at all times, safe work habits and maintains a safe work environment. Understands and complies with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Filling, labeling and capping product
- Assist in training new team members
- Report all unusual, non-routine occurrences when performing tasks
- May be responsible for accumulation, labeling and management of hazardous wastes, as appropriate to their area, providing they are properly trained prior to assignment.
- Assist with performing non-aseptic procedures including handling of poultry in the process of harvesting tissue or waste
- Assist in reviewing and developing S.O.P's, Production Outlines, Special Outlines
- Assist in reviewing production records and entering technical data into required system
- Aide in planning and implementing daily and weekly laboratory assignments as well as special projects and other tasks
- Attend training classes, workshops, meetings, etc., as required to improve job skills and product-related procedures
- Assist in monitoring and requisitioning laboratory supplies
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School diploma/GED with minimum of 4 years laboratory or related laboratory experience OR Associates degree in biological life sciences field with minimum 2 years laboratory or related vaccine production experience OR Bachelor’s degree in biological life sciences field
Required Experience and Skills:
- Applies knowledge and skills to other areas within product/department; may act as a source of technical expertise for others
- Identifies and solves problems
- Organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues at various levels
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the manufacturing process. This includes overtime, holidays and weekends. Days and hours are subject to change based on the needs of the business.
- Must perform more advanced mathematical calculations and conversions
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Aseptic clean room behaviors
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Technician-Biochem Manuf
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: YES - DMSO, Isopropal Alcohol, Hydrogen peroxide, Formaldahyde, BEI, Phenolic Disinfectants, Paracetic acid, Oxidizers, Potassium dichromate, Beta-propiolactone
Company Trade Name: Merck