Senior Specialist - International Tax
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
International taxcompliance position requiring strong knowledge of corporate income taxrelated to international operations, accounting for income tax andresearching tax issues.
Positionresponsibilities include but not limited to:
- · PrepareForms 5471, 8858 and 8865, and related disclosures.
- · PrepareForm 1118 Foreign Tax Credit.
- · Calculatequarterly foreign tax credit limitation.
- · Calculatequarterly income inclusions.
- · Reviewnon-US tax provisions.
- · Reviewnon-US income tax returns.
- · Provideresponse to IRS for federal tax audits.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree Accounting (advanced degree or CPA preferred)
Required Experience and Skills**:
· Understanding of international tax compliance filings.
· Knowledge of sourcing rules, allocation and apportionment of expenses.
· Research tax issues and analyze impact to company
· Understanding accounting for income tax (ASC740).
· Strong analytical skills
· Corptax & OneSource experience
· Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion
· Strong knowledge of Excel.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
· Minimum of 3 years at a Big 4 accounting firm or at a large US multi-national company.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement
Job: Tax Reporting and Research
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck