Sr. Manufacturing Associate, 2nd Shift
Moderna is seeking a Manufacturing Associate for DNA Operations for a second shift. The position will initially be based in Cambridge, MA and will eventually transition to our new GMP Manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA. The individual in this role will be responsible for production of DNA for all constructs using custom automation, Hamilton liquid Handlers, and chromatography solutions. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new processes and the drive to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team. They must have training in chromatography (UPLC/HPLC), liquid handlers, basic molecular biology techniques, and ability to work with custom automation.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Produce DNA for preclinical targets
- Conduct DNA purification using HPLC-based chromatography solutions
- Conduct in-process quality control assays to ensure DNA are within specifications
- Utilize automated equipment to enable capacity and short turnaround time
- Monitor process operations to ensure compliance with specifications
- Assist in training new employees
- Provide leadership on the manufacturing floor
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication to facilitate and maximize performance
- Strict adherence to current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures and manufacturing documentation.
- Establish and follow written procedures for the clear and accurate documentation of equipment operations and process instructions, and of process data.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Moderna safety procedures and guidelines
- Utilize knowledge to improve operational efficiency
- Adhere to Pilot Plant gowning procedures and maintain a clean general operating area
- Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Biomechanical engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical engineering, Biochemistry or related field with 4+ years related experience, Associates with 6+ years related experience or 8+ years of related GMP experience required
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced production environment at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferably in GMP or GLP
- Ability to collaborate fluidly with peers, supervisors and cross functional support groups required
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and organizational skills required
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.