Program Manager, Infectious Diseases
Moderna is seeking a motivated and energetic Program Manager to oversee logistics and operations of the Infectious Disease portfolio. An experienced Program Manager will thrive in this position supporting early stage (pre-Phase 2) programs. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an innovative environment on a transformative vaccine platform.
Here's What You'll Do:
The Program manager will be involved in high-level supervision of the programs by:
- Administering the day-to-day activities, including monitoring timelines, tracking costs, and facilitating communication between the internal Moderna groups as well as with the partners
- Providing technical and administrative support to programs by meeting weekly or bi-weekly with the line function representatives from to ensure the program remains on track and within budget with a goal to enter into clinical studies
- Providing strategic support to ensure program deliverables are being met
- Working with the Finance group to implement and track Infectious Disease Therapeutic Area budget
- Provide budgetary support to the Infectious Disease portfolio
- Working with external partners to ensure program and contract deliverables are met
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS degree in a scientific field with 6-8 years of experience or MS degree in a scientific field with 4-6 of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Proven track record of successful project management experience supporting multiple early stage programs
- Experience in early drug development including the transition of novel candidates from discovery through licensure
- Prior experience managing or working within cross-functional project teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility
- Experience with vaccines or Infectious diseases
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and software or ability to learn the software as needed
- Must be adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude
- Preferred: PhD and 2+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Preferred: Laboratory experience in an academic or biotechnology setting
- Preferred: Managing government programs and/or contracts
- Preferred: Experience working with SAP and MS Project software
- Preferred: PMP certification
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.