Scientist, Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development and Automation Expert (temporary for 3 years, work
As a Scientist and Automation Expert, you are part of Pharmaceutical development and Supplies in Pharma Technical Development in Basel.
In "Global Technical Development" (PTD), we actively collaborate and develop innovative technical solutions to efficiently transform scientific ideas into products. The mandate of our group is, to reliably deliver the pipeline and supply quality products to patients. The group excels in its work through innovation, teamwork, dedication, and mutual respect and contributes every day, continuously improving what it does.
In “Europe Biologics“ (PTDE), we support biologics from Phase I into the Market. Our activities encompass process development for Drug Substance (DS) and Drug Product (DP), market formulation design and process development, device development, clinical manufacturing of DS and parenteral DPs, analytical method development, validation and release of clinical supply, development documentation submissions and transfer of development projects to commercial manufacturing.
Within the department, Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development is primarily responsible for the development of early-stage parenteral formulations for biologics, development of parenteral NCE and peptide formulations, formulation automation and GLP supplies for preclinical studies.
- You will be responsible for Pharmaceutical development of biologics and small molecules for preclinical studies & early clinical development, in parallel representing Pharmaceutical project leadership and functional representation in international technical development teams, international committees within Roche and cross-functional teams
- You will spearhead efforts to establish and maintain automation and high through put labs and will be a key contributor to our pivotal initiative on the digitalization of research, with a focus on automating laboratory processes and decision-making by applying AI/ML
- You learn continuously and look into new technologies to keep yourself up-to-date with new trends, in particular in the quickly evolving field of lab automation, robotics and analytics in combination with modern software engineering concepts. You will further make scientific contributions and also undertake new research activities.
- You will design, develop and implement smart and user-friendly software solutions for the advanced automation of modern research labs and their workflows in collaboration with scientists, and will work to optimize the solutions towards higher performance, robustness, and scalability
- You contribute to the organizational development of Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development Parenterals and drive the personal development of the co-workers in your group and maintain excellent partnership with all customers and partners across the project value and process chain
- Ph.D. in biotechnology, bio-engineering, chemical technology, pharmaceutical sciences or related areas Professional experience (2-3 years and understanding of stability of proteins, bio-therapeutics, protein analytics and/or process development of parenteral dosage forms for biologics or small molecule parenterals. Hands-on experience of a broad range of biochemical and biophysical analytics is a benefit
- In depth automation knowledge and hands-on experience in lab automation, robotics and high throughput applications including working with liquid handling stations, HTS analytics and advanced data handling and processing. Hands-on experience in instrumental control and data handling.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and technical project management. Programming knowledge and ability to use Matlab, LabView, Modde, JMP and/or any other automation software. Knowledge and experience in relational and non-relational database systems is desirable
- Excellent team and communication skills with confirmed organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent command of English
Get in touch with the Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50.
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity