Scientist, Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development with Data Science focus (temporary for 3 years, wo
Scientist, Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development with Data Science Focus
As a Scientist focusing on Data Science, you are part of Pharmaceutical development and Supplies in Pharma Technical Development in Basel.
In "Global Technical Development" (PTD), we actively collaborate and develop innovative technical solutions to efficiently transform scientific ideas into products. The mandate of our group is, to reliably deliver the pipeline and supply quality products to patients. The group excels in its work through innovation, teamwork, dedication, and mutual respect and contributes every day, continuously improving what it does.
In “Europe Biologics“ (PTDE), we support biologics from Phase I into the Market. Our activities encompass process development for Drug Substance (DS) and Drug Product (DP), market formulation design and process development, device development, clinical manufacturing of DS and parenteral DPs, analytical method development, validation and release of clinical supply, development documentation submissions and transfer of development projects to commercial manufacturing.
Within the department, Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development is primarily responsible for the development of early-stage parenteral formulations for biologics, development of parenteral NCE and peptide formulations, formulation automation and GLP supplies for preclinical studies.
- You will be responsible for the digital transformation in Pharmaceutical development of biologics and small molecules for preclinical studies & early clinical development, in parallel you will maintain expertise in best practice for data handling especially as it applies to “big data” (data warehousing, data integration, archiving, scalable analysis solutions etc.).
- You will spearhead efforts to design, develop, implement and maintain various the next generation “smart” ELN and you collaborate with scientists and other teams to establish and maintain the common guidelines and frameworks to efficiently support the data-processing and data-loading from the Lab-instruments up to the foundational systems and Data Warehouses
- You are shaping and implementing methods like Machine Learning and Deep Learning and advance our state-of-the-art application landscape by integrating AI capabilities into standardized workflows to support complex research activities
- You will represent Pharmaceutical Development in teams responsible for digital transformation initiatives and will ensure alignment on best practices and industry standards.
- You will analyze the data landscape, conduct gap analysis, and design ways to integrate data to speed up analysis and interpretation. You will help with easing access to data and visualization and contribute to the digital transformation in Pharmaceutical development
Engineering/Masters or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, statistics, computational chemistry, molecular modelling, biotechnology, bio-engineering, chemical technology, pharmaceutical sciences or related areas with a strong emphasis on Data sciences, neural networks, AI. Prior experience in biotech related projects in data interpretation, ML/AI is a plus.
- Data science techniques including 1) data manipulation and visualization 2) data driven decision making data integration: Experience integrating data from different sources. Knowledge of key concepts of Master Data Management (MDM).
- In depth knowledge in electronic lab notebook software (IDBS) and extensive work experience in customizing and implementation
- Shown skills in exploratory statistics to enable relation to data analysts and statisticians. This includes understanding hypothesis testing, multivariate modelling techniques including fixed/mixed effects linear models, different machine learning methods, time course analyses, cross-validation and re-sampling methods. Basics of data mining (graphical, numeric and network-based methods)
- Excellent team and communication skills with confirmed organizational and planning abilities and an excellent command of English
Get in touch with the Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 682 25 50.
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.