Sr. Spclst, Quality Assurance
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
This position is critical in Merck’s effort to create a simplified, integrated, user-centric global Quality Management System (QMS) for our human health products, with an objective to enable consistently compliant product quality, continuous improvement and effective life-cycle management.
The Senior Specialist, Quality Management Systems, brings broad quality management expertise, operational excellence and expert project management skills to support the development and implementation of processes, procedures and corresponding controlled documentation and systems within QMS Chapter 8, Continued Product Assessment and Reporting.
QMS Chapter 8, Continued Product Assessment and Reporting encompasses requirements and processes for to ensuring commitments to patients and compliance with health authorities are in place after Merck’s products are released to the marketplace.
This Senior Specialist will work closely with other QMS chapter representatives as part of the QMS Development & Deployment Support Network, and be a key contributor to advancing the MMD QMS redesign project.
In collaboration with QMS Chapter & Topic Owners, the Senior Specialist is also responsible for ensuring the end-to-end life cycle process for the QMS is well defined per the attributes of a quality system, there is a robust management system in place to monitor the process and that any gaps are identified and managed to completion.
• Processes are defined with adequate Procedures, Governance, and clear Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• The Organization and Infrastructure to support the execution of the processes are defined and installed
• Metrics are developed for the ongoing evaluation that the system is working as intended, reviewed by the appropriate levels of management, and used as a basis for continual improvement
Education Minimum Requirement:
• Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or related relevant discipline.
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the FDA and/or EU regulated pharmaceutical environment; preferably in a manufacturing site/GMP environment in site/global quality, operational excellence and/or project management roles.
• Demonstrated expertise and leadership in quality & compliance discipline and in-depth knowledge of global health authority regulations and requirements, with the ability to effectively translate and communicate these requirements into executable processes and documentations.
• Advanced facilitation and project management skills, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Expert knowledge of operational excellence principles and methodology (e.g., MPS, Six Sigma).
• Strong collaboration and cross-functional leadership skills to drive continuous improvement and promote knowledge sharing and endorsement of best practices across sites & functions.
• Proven ability to drive and implement multiple projects/tasks simultaneously with competing and/or changing priorities; effective time management.
• Demonstrated ability to influence areas not under direct control to achieve objectives and effectively communicate challenging goals & objectives.
• Capable of working and communicating effectively with all levels of the organization globally.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Self motivated with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Qual Assurance & Ops Generic
Other Locations: Whitehouse Station West, NJ, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck