Tenure track position
Tenure track position 974833
Applications are invited for a Tenure track position at the Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University with teaching in Medical Pharmacology.
We are looking for a scientist who sees opportunities in collaboration with the existing strong research groups at Aarhus University and Aarhus University Hospital as well as abroad.
The successful candidate is offered:
• Access to a well-developed research infrastructure
• Laboratory space, shared equipment, access to core facilities, and modern core facilities
• A research climate of lively, open and critical academic discussion within and across different fields of research
• Network activities among young scientists
Furthermore, an attractive start-up package can be negotiated.
The candidate must have an excellent track record in Biomedical research. The position includes teaching in Pharmacology for medical and molecular medicine students and therefore teaching experience within this field will be considered an advantage. Experience from a postdoc position including substantial, international experience is essential.
In addition to the below section "Required qualifications - Assessment as assistant professor" the qualified applicant is expected to:
• be able to deliver innovative research of the highest international standard
• attract significant competitive research funding from national and international funding bodies
• have documented teaching experience, pedagogical skills and be able to teach in Pharmacology and participate in teaching development
• Within an agreed timeframe be sufficient in Danish to participate in teaching in Danish
Aarhus University is among the top-100 universities in the world (no. 65 by Shanghai ranking 2017) with focus on basic and translational research, interdisciplinarity and a strong link between research and education. The Department of Biomedicine is part of the Faculty of Health, Aarhus University, and covers a range of research areas. The Department contributes to the bachelor’s degree programs in medicine, molecular medicine, odontology and the master's degree programs in biomedical engineering and medical chemistry. The Department has an international vibrant research environment where English is the preferred language in the laboratory, at meetings and at seminars. Please refer to http://biomed.au.dk/en/ for further information about the department.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
Please contact Head of the Department of Biomedicine, Thomas G. Jensen, by e-mail email@example.com (please note that applications cannot be sent to this e-mail address - see section on ‘Application’ below). The process
The tenure track starts out with appointment as assistant professor with a view to permanent employment as associated professor.
Permanent tenure as an associate professor is conditional upon you being assessed as qualified as such no later than 6 months before the end of the fifth year of employment at the latest.
You will be appointed a supervisor by Head of Department and evaluation meetings will take place at least every half year.
Required qualifications - Assessment as assistant professor
Appointment as assistant professor requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
For an applicant to qualify for a tenure track position, these criteria must be met in addition to the requirements described in the job advertisement.
Formalities and references
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the pay catalogue for employees at Health.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
Applications must be accompanied by a cover letter summarizing the applicant's career, past research accomplishments and future plans. CV, diploma, a list of publications, a short research plan (max 3 pages) as well as a teaching portfolio, and a list of presentations at international meetings. In addition, a statement of compliance with the seven criteria for employment in a tenure track position named above must be supplied. A maximum of ten of the publications of greatest relevance to the job must be submitted. Names of three references.
The assessment committee may decide to include non-submitted material in its assessment. In such cases, the applicant will be informed and obliged to submit material, unless the application is withdrawn.
Applications submitted through channels other than the online application form below or applications which are not received by the application deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
All applications must be made online and received by:
Please apply online here
Aarhus University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education and the development of society nationally and globally. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 40,000 students and 8,000 employees, and has an annual budget of EUR 860 million Learn more at www.au.dk/en.