(Contract) MES Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems
Reporting to the Sr. Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems, the MES Engineer, Digital Manufacturing Systems will serve a key role supporting the delivery and administration of the Syncade MES. The individual will assist in configuration/customization of the system, participate maintaining necessary procedures, and provide system training to users. Activities will also include cross training of other digital manufacturing systems. This position will be in Norwood, MA. The anticipated time frame for this role is 6 months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Install, configure and maintain Manufacturing Execution Systems and the interfaces between an MES and other systems including control systems
- Supports the continual improvement of MES and related systems
- Participates in validation activities in conjunction with IT, Validation and QA related to implementation and on-going support
- Configures/customizes MES to support change requests
- Conducts user-training sessions for staff members
- Assists in evaluation or product enhancements and capabilities, implementing upgrades as required
- Support initial and routine upgrade system risk assessment and testing activities
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A Bachelor degree in science, technology or another relevant academic discipline.
- A minimum 2-5 years of experience implementing and maintaining an MES system.
- Working understanding of cGMP and manufacturing operations and practices
- An understanding of computer systems validation practices (GAMP)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Computer programming and debugging skills with specific emphasis on Visual Basic or VB Script, C#, SQL, Java, and HTML Style Sheets.
- Experience with Emerson Syncade MES is preferred
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.