Senior Food Scientist
The Role and opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Senior Food Scientist to join our Dairy Foods team in Palmerston North.
This is a unique role which will require you to lead scientific research and technology development whilst identifying key opportunities and converting these into successful R&D projects.
You will be part of a highly enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team delivering scientific excellence in support of the food industry.
This opportunity would suit someone with extensive experience in Food Structure-Science that has applied their knowledge to Dairy research alongside a number of food sectors.
What you will be doing
- Excellent science published in international peer-reviewed journals
- Recognising new opportunities and driving these forward to become sustainable projects
- Coordinating research projects (managing staff and other resources) to deliver high quality research outputs
- Networking and building relationships with the food industry
Your ideal background
- Relevant PhD degree in food science and relevant practical and academic experience
- Previous experience/knowledge working with dairy/food industry
- Excellent communication and leadership qualities
- Project Management experience
When your work environment fits your values and your lifestyle, it's a better place to be! AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today via www.agresearchcareers.co.nz with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Mike Weeks, Science Team Leader on +64 21 351 839
Applications close Monday 28th May 2018.