Automation and Maintenance Production Technician
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Automation and Maintenance Production Technician position is available at the Merck Animal Health facility in Elkhorn, Nebraska, located on the West end of Omaha. The Elkhorn facility is expanding operations to manufacture animal vaccines and biologics. Looking for talented individuals to join our Production teams using key technologies for cell culture, filling and packaging.
This position is directly involved in the overall maintenance, inspection and repair of highly technical equipment in an Industrial/Production environment. This position partners with business leaders to ensure production equipment needs are optimized. Safety requirements are strongly enforced; this individual must be attentive to his/her own safety and the safety of others in the workplace.
- Electrical - Troubleshooting, repair and installation of electrical equipment and systems.
- Working knowledge and experience in automation, vision systems, PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and HMIs (human machine interfaces).
- Mechanical – Repair and installation of pumps, gear drives, equipment and preventative maintenance.
- Utilities – Power and physical plant maintenance of steam, air, water, fuels, electrical, industrial gases, HVAC, lighting, alarms, building instrumentation, and BMS
- Refrigeration, HVAC – Basic troubleshooting and repair of both standard and ultra low temperature refrigeration, lypholization equipment.
- Packaging/Filling – Provide repair and maintenance of mechanized, electrical and automated equipment.
Now offering a $1000 Hiring Bonus along with competitive pay & benefits!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical or trade school training in electrical/automation controls.
- Maintain computerized records using current maintenance software.
- Associates Degree with experience in electrical, PLC/Automation Controls.
- Knowledge of freeze drying product through Lyophilization, and high speed automation.
- Working knowledge and experience in a maintenance manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S.
- Experience in SAP and inventory control.
- Experience with Maximo (electronic record keeping system)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 3rd
Company Trade Name: Merck