Associate Scientist/Scientist - Microbiologist
C3J Therapeutics is Los Angeles based biotechnology company focused on improving human health through the development of novel targeted antimicrobials utilizing two proprietary platforms – synthetic bacteriophage and antimicrobial peptides.
C3J Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Scientist/Scientist I who will support research and development in achieving program goals and strategy by performing in vitro microbiological and molecular biological studies, and associated testing/analysis. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in microbiology and bacterial pathogenesis and experience working with bacteriophage. The opportunity also exists to expand into other programs within the development pipeline.
- Grow and maintain bacterial, mammalian cultures and bacteriophage stocks
- Bacterial isolation from clinical samples, propagation of bacterial cultures, molecular and phenotypic characterization of bacterial isolates
- Bacteriophage isolation, propagation, and characterization
- Antimicrobial and antimicrobial peptide susceptibility testing
- Mono and mixed bacterial biofilm growth
- Microbiological and molecular assay development and optimization
- Maintain laboratory notebook and accurate records of daily experiments
- Technical leadership in microbiological and molecular methods
- Understand and comply with company standard operating procedures and safety procedures
- Perform cross-functional tasks to support product development
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a Masters or PhD in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Virology, Biological Sciences, or related scientific field with prior laboratory experience in a lab or research setting
- Strong background in microbiology, bacterial pathogenesis, molecular biology, genomic/proteomic screening assays
- Expertise working with and maintaining bacteria, mammalian cell culture, and bacteriophage with excellent aseptic technique
- Prior clinical microbiology lab experience a plus
- Familiarity working in a GXP environment and working with SOPs is a plus
- Sound understanding of statistics and statistical software
- Strong experimental design, problem solving and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and reading/writing skills
- Must be reliable, organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Strong team-player and able to work well in small groups and independently
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific literature with supervisors and peers
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and planning skills with demonstrated ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously
This is a full-time position for work in a laboratory environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. There is little to no travel required of this position with the exception of required training and possible conference or event attendance.
Position is salaried and is eligible for performance bonus. Pay is competitive and commensurate with skill set and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation plan, and 401(k). Consideration for future stock option grants may be available.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com