PhD Positions in Diabetes Research for an International Graduate Program at the Helmholtz Center Mun
PhD Positions in Diabetes Research for an International Graduate Program at the Helmholtz Center Munich, Germany
The International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes is at the center of cutting-edge scientific research at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center in Munich and its partner institution, the Alberta Diabetes Institute in Canada. We offer research projects that enable the development of innovative strategies for the identification of molecular mechanisms, prediction tools, and therapeutic strategies of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
The diversity of (epi-)genetic and environmental factors underlying diabetes, as well as the secondary complications resulting from this systemic disease, require highly skilled researchers who will translate fundamental research into clinical solutions for patients. We invite young scientists holding a Master’s degree and a strong interest in diabetes, endocrinology, molecular biology, (epi-) genetics, public health studies, life sciences, epidemiology, computational biology, clinical research and related areas to apply to the International Helmholtz Research School for Diabetes.
We offer up to 6 PhD positions, 3 year employment contracts with the Helmholtz Center Munich and a doctorate from the Technical University of Munich to highly qualified and motivated students of all nationalities. As a graduate student you will receive innovative scientific training and visit the Alberta Diabetes Institute for long-term research stays in Canada. This will provide you with an exclusive international experience and prepare you for becoming the next generation of leaders in fundamental research, translational application and industry in the diabetes field.
Intensive supervision, professional training and career support throughout your time as graduate student will encourage you to develop your career, direct your training and take the required steps to reach your career goals. The program language is English. Start date for the successful candidates will be February 2019.
Applications for the PhD program can be submitted online from May 10th to June 29th 2018.
For more information on the projects and how to apply online please visit www.helmholtzresearchschool-diabetes.org
We are looking forward to your application!
For general questions please contact us: diabetes-researchschool(at)helmholtz-muenchen.de
(Please do not use this e-mail address for submitting your application)
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional students holding a Master’s degree and a strong interest in diabetes, endocrinology, molecular biology, (epi-) genetics, public health studies, life sciences, epidemiology, computational biology, clinical research and related areas
- Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken
- Experience working in a wet lab environment is desired
- Outstanding motivation to join our international research teams and push the frontiers in diabetes research
- An open-minded, communicative, well-organized personality to work in the highly interactive work environment at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center in Munich
- Excellent scientific training and state-of-the-art technology platforms at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center – one of the world’s leading institutions in Diabetes research
- Interdisciplinary projects linking our understanding of mechanisms underlying diabetes to the development of new approaches in prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- International research groups and research stays at the partnering Alberta Diabetes Institute
- Scientific networking at international conferences and within the great community of diabetes researchers
- Translational training - from bench to bedside
- Interactive guidance and a clear mentoring structure
- Individual career development and support
- Professional training in management, leadership and communication
- Employment contracts from the Helmholtz Center Munich and a doctorate from of the Technical University Munich
.. and last but not least: Munich, a beautiful city to live in!
The third biggest city in Germany offers a vivid culture with a plethora of parks, museums and music. The famous city hall adds to the historic center with its Viktualien-market and beautiful squares. Within the city the river Isar and English Garden offer recreational activities and the Alps are just a stone-throw away!
Application deadline: 29th June 2018
Apply online: www.helmholtzresearchschool-diabetes.org