Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA001910
Department: 3909910401-Environmental Safety, Dept of
Position Status: Full-Time
Department of Environmental Health & Safety. Reporting to the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS ) Coordinator at the Armstrong Campus, the EHS Technician provides support to all EHS program areas at the Armstrong Campus, Liberty Campus, and Herty Advanced Materials Development Center.
• Responds in a timely manner to work order requests for pickups of hazardous waste, universal waste, or biomedical waste.
• Performs monthly fire extinguisher inspections throughout campus; coordinates with vendor for maintenance needed on fire extinguishers and perform exchanges.
• Performs monthly Automatic External Defibrillator (AED ) inspections throughout campuses.
• Performs monthly eyewash testing and quarterly safety shower flushing.
• Provides assistance with annual certification projects which include: chemical fume hoods, biological safety cabinets, and fire extinguisher annual maintenance.
• Assists with fire and life safety building inspections, lab/shop safety inspections, environmental compliance inspections, and sustainability activities.
• Responds to incidents, customer requests, emergencies and site clean-ups.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: Yes
Minimum Experience Required:
One or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: Yes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field; 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER ) training.
Three or more years of related work experience; knowledge of regulations governing EHS programs; experience in higher education, research laboratories, environmental consultation, or comparable institutional environment.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 04/20/2018
Job Closing Date: 5/11/2018
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1207784
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.